3 Bay Car Shop

So now comes the "patience test" - the detail. Started out by priming all of the benches and cabinets:

kgOVY1g.jpg

TBZNFrv.jpg

Each piece is no longer than 1" and not much more than 1/2" at the tallest point. I still have three more cabinets (with doors) and 5 fire extinguishers to go as well as the walk ways and so forth.

Painting these things is going to be SOOO much fun :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have a 30" computer monitor so projecting up on that would make a world of difference. Might actually be too big. They make one for use with a TV as well. Modern technology is surreal.

Either item would be handy but, for the moment, I'm just going to stick with the Optivisor. Honestly, I have no plans to do anything so small that I (currently) need anything more than the optivisor to see so it is all good.

For future reference though, both items would be, could be, invaluable :)

A little more done. Added the second walkway as well as a railing along the "Track Bumper" as well as the steps leading down into the pits although the pics don't show them they are there:

NyK2FAe.jpg

qPn9nQA.jpg

7FyEuq5.jpg

RQ5g0yM.jpg

Ahh, yep - your probably right there, or I could run H-Beams the length of the walkways and use one more set of verticle H-Beams. The H-Beams I am using are scaled 10" beams. The length of the walkway is a scale 50' - 55' of the top of my head.

Back