BNSF train derailment

Yeah I got that over the wire, funny how they specified it was a train from Alberta. Pushing for a pipe line maybe?
That line should have been closed or had a slow order in place as the road bed would have been super saturated.
Totally preventable in my opinion.

Yeah I got that over the wire, funny how they specified it was a train from Alberta. Pushing for a pipe line maybe?
That line should have been closed or had a slow order in place as the road bed would have been super saturated.
Totally preventable in my opinion.
I completely agree with you.

I've not heard of any roadbed water saturation sensors in use by railroads. Wouldn't quite be the same thing as a soil moisture sensor. Maybe something to invent. The trickier part would be getting them installed.

My concern is that is 'tar sands oil' and skimmers and that technology will NOT be able to clean it all up.

"The train was carrying tar sands oil from Alberta, Canada, to Stroud, Oklahoma, for ConocoPhillips. ConocoPhillips spokesman Daren Beaudo said each tanker can hold more than 25,000 gallons (20,817 imperial gallons) of oil "

Back