Running Bear's Coffee Shop June 2018

MIKE -- I have heard of "Scrapple", but have never had any. (I had to Google it)
Sounds "right down my alley"!
I wonder if I can find some out here in NeverLand? -- They absolutely Do Not Know how to make a simple Chicken Fried Steak!
My Spousal Unit got the biggest kick - on our trip - of me ordering CFS everywhere we dined out east of the Rockies ... 20 years after all!

WILLIE -- Your courthouse is AWESOME! Nice work.

JOHNNY -- The lillies are FAB! Those squash plants look awesome too!

Been wonderful temps out here ... supposed to be 89 today - up 10 degrees from yesterday.

Had time to go home for lunch today. After a trip to the grocery store.
20180620_113605.jpg

Thought I would share the bacony goodness with you fine gentlemen.

Fellers! I finally have decided to come out from under my rock! No trains but auto repair for me. Started the body work on my Bronco. Atleast prep work anyways. Heat!!!! The heat and humidity is on here! It can just go away for all I'm concerned.

Afternoon All,

Did chores outside today until the heat and humidity told me to come inside:cool:. Tomorrow I need to head to the pool store for pool chemicals. My wallet is already hurting!

Johnny- Nice family photo in the garden.

ACL-CSX- Nice assortment of cars and locos.

Willie- Great looking building. Very well done.

Chet- Thank you. Pretty rail shot.

VA Ken- Great news getting your loco working.

Not the clearest picture.

20180619_111306.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon All,

Did chores outside today until the heat and humidity told me to come inside:cool:. Tomorrow I need to head to the pool store for pool chemicals. My wallet is already hurting!

Johnny- Nice family photo in the garden.

ACL-CSX- Nice assortment of cars and locos.

Willie- Great looking building. Very well done.

Chet- Thank you. Pretty rail shot.

VA Ken- Great news getting your loco working.

Not the clearest picture.

View attachment 28693

I hope everyone has a good night.

Thank you. Looking forward to getting my hands on the new locos. USPS tracking says Monday. Hopefully they get here sooner. I only have time to play on the weekend and don't want to wait another week to do it.

MIKE -- I have heard of "Scrapple", but have never had any. (I had to Google it)
Sounds "right down my alley"!
I wonder if I can find some out here in NeverLand? -- They absolutely Do Not Know how to make a simple Chicken Fried Steak!
My Spousal Unit got the biggest kick - on our trip - of me ordering CFS everywhere we dined out east of the Rockies ... 20 years after all!

WILLIE -- Your courthouse is AWESOME! Nice work.

JOHNNY -- The lillies are FAB! Those squash plants look awesome too!

Been wonderful temps out here ... supposed to be 89 today - up 10 degrees from yesterday.

Sirfoldalot- Scrapple is usually described by one of two phrases, "everything but the oink" or "everything but the squeal". Try ordering a "cheesesteak" anywhere outside the Delaware Valley(unless you find a place owned by a Philly-area native). LOL

Sirfoldalot- Scrapple is usually described by one of two phrases, "everything but the oink" or "everything but the squeal". Try ordering a "cheesesteak" anywhere outside the Delaware Valley(unless you find a place owned by a Philly-area native). LOL

I've seen some that I'm pretty sure had the oink still in it too. Lol

I have a friend in Port Trevorton, PA who used to roast whole hogs for community programs. They had quite a bit of scrapple from those hogs and they would fill a couple dozen or so bread pans. Friends would line up to buy it.

Good morning Everybody!

70 under cloudy skies and 100% humidity here in southeast Baltimore.

My boys' baseball season ended last night and I am already missing it.

Willie I saw your post asking for an update on our season. I will come back and give a brief summary of the season as soon as I can. Forgive me for not keeping you posted.

My health has not been as good as I had hoped, but it's not as bad as it could be and has been improving, thank God. My troubles are small compared to the suffering of so many others. I've got no complaints. Everyday you get up is a good day, some are just better than others.

By the Grace of God I never missed a practice or a game. All I have to do is to step onto the field and I always feel better.

I've neglected just about every other task or project, but the kids are always first in my mind.

I'll be back

Worked on putting an MTH SD70Ace back together last night. It was a DC version that I had pulled apart to try to figure out the ditch light control board. Got tired of seeing it sitting on the desk for so long. It's back in revenue service now.
Watching the Ashland Virtual Rail Cam. Last freight train through on this 60 train a day line was 2 1/2 hours ago. I'm starting to think this is a branch line too wen i see intermodal trains mixed with box cars and cuts of coal hoppers, like a freight peddler.
An Amtrac, Number 30 just went by, left hand running while a 15 car freight peddler was running next to it on the right hand track. That's not good when trains are only 15 cars.

Last edited:
Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 69°, but 95% humidity. First day of summer and the longest day of the year. Why is the solstice the first day of summer instead of being in the middle?
Porch (and rock) are both wet, only a tenth of an inch in the rain gauge though, not even enough to settle the dust for more than an hour, especially with the temperatures expected to be in the upper 90's later today. Remodel is proceeding, nothing uneventful yet. I'm headed out in a couple of hours to do the grocery/beer trek and to pick up the damn tile. Can't change her mind now, it's been ordered and paid for. We did pick up the shower fixtures Tuesday; I'll be returning the towel rack today as she changed her mind on it. Still have to select sink fixtures, but she has another week or so to do that.

Thanks for the comments regarding the Court House pictures; Johnny, Garry, Chet, Sherrel, Curt and anyone else that I may have missed. Thanks for the "likes" Justin & Mikey. I am looking forward to adding the windows and additional details and completing it. It will fit really well where I intend to locate it.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I stayed rather busy. I started and completed painting all of the detail parts for the courthouse, downspouts, electric meter, non-working lights, dumpster, propane tank and some other stuff. There are four figures, two policemen and two bystanders that I didn't start on yet, they're designed to "peg" into holes in the sidewalks. I'll have to see whether I like the spots or whether I will use Mr. Exacto (remove pegs) and some putty (fill holes) to position them elsewhere. Additionally I did add a little more ground cover to the current project scene, the court house is eventually going to wind up on the other side of the tracks but I haven't actually started there yet. I also tried to add metal wheels to a late run Athearn blue box gondola that I built a couple of weeks ago, but no luck. The KD wheels are 1.00" (or 1.100") and the redesigned Athearn trucks (taller so you don't have to add the red washer to the kingpin) are also narrower. I have three other cars with this affliction and will have to purchase some .975" wheelsets for all of them. Somebody makes them, I just don't remember who right now.

Jesse - Meant to comment yesterday on the treasure trove of rolling stock. Nice scores.
Garry - Sorry that I missed commenting on your Santa Fe FM units. Nice looking units and another great picture. I do have a special admiration for all ATSF units.
Johnny - Although I don't grow non-edible flowers, those are some great looking day lilies. I can relate to the outside chores eating into train time, right now it's also the contractor seemingly wanting to show me every nail that he drives!
Chet - There is a reason that I chose to model fictional but realistic towns, I can put just about any model there. Especially true when I model eight towns, I can use a bit of a different theme in each.
Sherrel - Surprised that you never experienced scrapple, being that you were raised in Arkansas. I'm with several of the others though, I'll take bacon over scrapple every time - never developed a liking for it.
Louis - Glad to hear from you. Good luck on the health issues and remember that I've told you before to take it easy sometimes.

Everybody have a great first day of summer. It's one of my sister's birthdays as well; she's now eligible for Medicare.

Back