I am new to the forum

richhard444

I have been looking at the forum every so often, but I might now try to get a little more involved. I model the Chicago & North Western Peninsula Div. in Michigan Upper Peninsula and a little bit of Wisconsin in that area. I am in HO scale, DCC Radio controlled by CVP Products. I have been working on the layout for about 15 1/2 years starting with a total empty basement. Layout size is about 1200 sq. ft. in size and is fully operational and about 85% to 90% complete. I am part of a round robin operating group of 4 layouts which we operate on every Tuesday night. My favorite part of model RR is structure building - kits out of the box, kit-bashing and scratch building all in styrene. Maybe wood in the future as I have a few kits.

Hopefully this is not to wordy.
Richard

Richard, welcome to the forum...sounds like you're an established modeler. I also model some of the C&NW and ore traffic from the UP on a layout much smaller than yours.

You'll the Forum be very interesting and cover many subjects.

Welcome again.

Greg

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro. Looking forward to hearing more about your layout, and hopefully you'll post some photos as well. We've been seeing quite a few new members since we switched to the new software, it seems to work better and it's easy to use, so folks who haven't posted previously have decided to join in the fun. Glad you spoke up, welcome aboard.

Welcome.gif
Welcome to the forum Richard. It sounds like you have your layout well underway. Would love to see some photos of what you have done so far.

I have been workingon mine for over 30 years now but always love to see other layouts as you never kow when you may see something that you like and can try to add something similar to your own.

Stop by the coffee shop and have a cup some time.

Glad to have you!
Don't be a stranger... We have both wordy .. and not-so-wordy.. it's your choice!
Would like to see some of your creations?

Welcome and, like the others, don't be afraid to start a thread in the Layout section so you can show us your layout and work. It sounds as though you are well and truly entrenched in the hobby and, no doubt, have suggestions, ideas and advice for those less experienced.

Richard, welcome to the forum...sounds like you're an established modeler. I also model some of the C&NW and ore traffic from the UP on a layout much smaller than yours.

You'll the Forum be very interesting and cover many subjects.

Welcome again.

Greg
Hi Greg, I would like to see pictures of your layout. Where on the forum would I find them?
Richard

Richard - Welcome to the friendliest model railroading forum on the net. It does sound like you are an established modeler. I see that you already posted some pictures of your layout build on another thread, quite impressive. Looking forward to some of the finished product.
If you get time for some friendly banter, come join us over in the Coffee Shop and meet some of the forum members that hang out there. We talk anything including trains except religion and politics (although they are not actually forbidden).

Willie

I'm new here too. Starting an around the room bedroom 9x8 modern era HO layout. Using Marshfield & the local CN/Soo line as inspiration, but got the track bug when I was a kid growing up in South Jersey(home was 1/2 block from then-Conrail, former PRSL & now CSX trackage).

Richard, much welcome to the Forum, a lot of info here, and it looks like you could supply some as well.....welcome again!

Back