Started the F7A paint...

A bit more done ...

kOQa1ee.jpg

The Wood Color is going to need two coats to cover properly when using it with a brush. Thankfully it covers MUCH better from an airbrush.

Thanks Terry. If it does become an issue, where do you get this Bullfrog Stuff? We have deer, fox, rabbit, squirrel, chipmunk, woodchuck, coyote, bear, mountain lions, ducks, geese, skunks but no Bullfrogs that I know of :)

Be careful if you do find any. Gets awful sticky around where they live.

I have had a look at some places including the Bullfrog site and don't think I'll be using it. With my luck, I'll have it every where except where it's suppose to be :)

But, I have completed the Coach Car:

eoQfoBt.jpg

2t33Npb.jpg

Now it's back to the Sleeper then the RPO Car ... will it never end :rolleyes:

Thank you Bobby, your work, together with others , inspired this and I'm glad I am trying it.

With the exception of the RPO Car (which has no interior and wouldn't be on an excursion train anyway) I finally completed all of the cars. So, for your pleasure or amusement, here it is - The Royal Pacific Railway ...

Received the Rapido Easy Peasy Light Boards this morning and have installed one of them into the "Observation Car":

neTb0in.jpg

The only thing I noticed was the fit, NOT quite as "Easy Peasy" as the title suggests. There are two suggested ways of installing these light boards:

1. Adhere them to the underside of the roof, and
2. Sit them (unattached) to the top of the interior

No matter which method you use, you WILL have to "cut/shorten" the light board if using them in Micro Trains Heavy Weight Pullman cars.

If using method (1) the little tabs in each corner of the underside of the Observation Car Roof prevent the light board from sitting flat against the underside of the roof.

If adopting method (2) the positioning of the batteries in relation to the interior layout means the "board" is too long at one end. In order for the batteries to recess between the interior walls, the board needs to be positioned more to the left (as in my case) meaning it will sit "on top of" the shell walls.

The ONLY solution I found that assured me of a "good and proper fit" was to trim about 1 mm of each end of the board. Once I had done that, the board could be installed using either method without it being obstructed.

I am going to assume that the installation for each car will be different as each cars interior is different. My intention is to adhere the boards to the underside of each cars roof. Not withstanding the length problem, the only other issue I can see is whether or not there will be sufficient room between the "bottom of the batteries" and any interior detail that may prevent the roof from being reinstalled fully and correctly.

Bottom line with the Light Boards is yes, they are a simple and (potentially) quick way to have fairly effective passenger car lighting; however, they are also a very good example of "one size does not fit all."

Last edited:
So I bought a few Bragdon Weathering Powders and decided to try my hand at something easy. Here is the end result:

MgV6Fvt.jpg

As a comparison of one done and one natural:

0oYpB6d.jpg

Happened across this video today and thought of your paint scheme. I was surprised to see the white roof on these...
(Ignore the preview image and watch the video to see the F units I'm referring to)

Last edited:

Back