Who is the manufacturer of older trucks and semis?

Sorry that I just picked up this thread.
I ordered a Sylvan 1947 car carrier and Chevy tractor in January from Rico's Railroom (email ricosrailroom@comcast.net).
I called in an order in the morning and he shipped that afternoon. He said he stocks most of the Sylvan models.

The models are well detailed,but the instructions are very brief.
Be sure to wash all the parts before painting to remove all the mold release.
Makes a very nice model.

I have never washed kit parts before and never had problems. However, will do as you suggest.

My tractor and trailer arrived yesterday. I haven't looked the models over closely; however, the look to be nicely done and I will give a stronger opinion, once I have built the models.

I've read over the instructions and they are very specific about washing the parts with their particular Mold Release Removal Product which I can't locate at their website. I understand that Sylvan's parts are made from Casting Resin and therefore not Polystyrene, so washing will be necessary.

Imex also puts out some HO scale trucks. Here's a '48 Peterbilt that I kit bashed into a logging truck.
IMAG1103.jpg

Here's an Alloy Forms Mack that I also cobbled into another logging truck.

IMAG0312.jpg

I can't believe the price increase in the Alloy forms trucks. Their detail is excellent BUT expensive.

Here's anther Imex truck that used to be a van and the truck body mounted on a dump truck chassis.

IMAG1106.jpg

This is an Alloy Forms Mack flatbed truck. I usually add MV lenses for the headlights.

IMAG1098-1.jpg

Here's another Mack that is just a tractor. Along with the MV lenses, a sleeper and twin stacks were added.

IMAG1097.jpg

I've read over the instructions and they are very specific about washing the parts with their particular Mold Release Removal Product which I can't locate at their website. I understand that Sylvan's parts are made from Casting Resin and therefore not Polystyrene, so washing will be necessary.
Mark- I washed my parts with dish washing soap and warm water. No problem with paint or glue sticking.

I brushed mineral spirits on the to be painted surfaces and then dropped the parts in dish washing soap with water and agitated the container that the parts and soapy water where in. Then dumped the soap and water out and rinsed in water to remove all the soap. The parts have been painted and the paint appears to of adhered well. The trailer is done and truck is close. I might take a photo of the completed model. I found the kit to be fun to build; but, far beyond the capabilities of all you Ready to Run folks!:eek:

The trailer is done and truck is close. I might take a photo of the completed model. I found the kit to be fun to build; but, far beyond the capabilities of all you Ready to Run folks!:eek:

Gotta hand it to you, Mark ... A jab that's downright funny! :p

I had asked this question before and someone answered my question; but, it was not a name I see in the main stream. They make very nice models of trucks and Semis from the maybe 30 to late 50s.

Thanks!

Check this site :
bigrigtrucksinhoscale.com

Not the best photo; but, will have to do for right now.

Attachments

• HPIM7975 (Small).JPG
    HPIM7975 (Small).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 371
Some more photos.
HPIM7978 (1) (Small).JPG
HPIM7979 (1) (Small).JPG

This is Sylvan's White Super Power Tandem Axle tractor with Sleeper pulling a Fruehauf 22 foot trailer. I love these kits and think as far as I'm concerned, they are the best! This would be a 1940 to 1958 style. I especially like the real rubber tires.

Attachments

• HPIM7977 (1) (Small).JPG
    HPIM7977 (1) (Small).JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 379
Last edited by a moderator:

Back