Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

In Her Mind....
InHerMind3.jpg

In Your Mind...
InYourMind.jpeg

I really enjoy the "Like" button feature of these new boards. :)

Great shot, Jim!

You have no idea how long I've wanted a "like" button. That was the most frustrating lack of the old board.

You can only comment "Nice photo" so many times, and if 20 people do that to every photo, it's annoying. On the other hand, if nobody responds, then you wonder if you're talking to "dead air". So the like button provides feedback while being unobtrusive. So I'm really glad we have it, and I'm glad that uploading photos has finally gotten a lot easier as well.

I read that some time ago Toot. But with the new change over Bob and you are more than welcome. I would just give him the prize if he could get my over-sized photos to load!! Jimo_O

I'm still working on that. You can upload anything up to 24 megapixels just fine. But someplace above that, it breaks. Xenforo tech support has confirmed the issue, but for the moment we can't nail down what's causing it.

So, for the moment, SIZE (in pixels) MATTERS. Not the file size, in megabytes, but width x height. If you can get to to 24,000 or less total when you multiply those two numbers, they'll upload.

Ed, Thank you. The ship is a $105 version of the Black Pearl. 1/96.

Ah... "Mine", which of course ins't mine at all, is the HMS Interceptor. 1:1.

She's the Lady Washington from the Grays Harbor Historical Seaport. She's not my ship, but I am one of several volunteer photographers for the organization.

BH1_7752-WM.jpg

Last edited:
I read that some time ago Toot. But with the new change over Bob and you are more than welcome. I would just give him the prize if he could get my over-sized photos to load!! Jimo_O

Well then, you want my shipping address? Watch this...

7360 x 4912, yep 36 MP. and it's 8 MB. Uploads no problem. The forum resizes it to 1600 automagically.

You can now upload images up to 100 MP and 50 MB in size. Sorry, if you're shooting with a Hassleblad you'll still need to resize (and no doubt you'd also own photoshop if you own a $50K and up camera). Pretty much everyone else should be good to go though.

DSC_4353-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Great news and great pictures Bob. Thanks.

My photo is all one picture! Well, almost all of eight photos rolled into ONE. Helicon Focus is the trick.

No Hasseleblad either, 99% of all my photos here and elsewhere are taken with an old Canon Powershot A650. Seem like I've had it forever. Twelve MP's, but the real key is Manual Focus mode. It is the best in the industry. Jim:)

Back