Recent content by Zombie13

1. Z

Multi-scale DCC

The aforementioned O and S gauge trains.
  2. Z

Multi-scale DCC

Yep. That was probably gonna be my next question. I figured it would have power issues. Z.
  3. Z

Multi-scale DCC

I am building an HO layout and have small DCC system for it (DCC++ on an Arduino). I also have access to a 70-ish year old Lionel set and a 70-ish year old American Flyer set. I'd like to set them up and 'play' with them as well. I know I can add decoder to them and control them with DCC, but...
  4. Z

Tablet control via Arduino

I setup DCC++ with similar hardware and it was pretty simple once I had the right motor driver (and actually understood the way programming works). Z.
  5. Z

DCC Decoder dead?

That was it. Moved to the main track and it worked. Thanks for all the help. Z.
  6. Z

DCC Decoder dead?

Ok, set CV8 to 08 and redetected it. It came in at ID 3 and I changed it to something else. Updated the throttle and still no joy. The light won't even turn on. I'm correct in that I should be able to do that stuff from the programming track, right (currently only have one connection)? I...
  7. Z

DCC Decoder dead?

Dumb question: How do I hard reset the decoder? Z.
  8. Z

DCC Decoder dead?

So, I got a Digitrax DH165A0 for Christmas and a soldered it to my loco following the guide and a youtube video. I insulated the motor from the chassis, removed the light and put an LED in, and connected the decoder to both positive and negative rails. Problem is I can't get the DCC software...
  9. Z

Digitrax DH165A0 and an *old* Athearn Loco

I got a DCC decoder for Christmas to go in my really old (like, 30+ years) Athearn SDP40 Loco. Electronically I can do the soldering and wiring needed, but I have questions first" 1) The docs list both sides having left track and right track pickups. Do both of them need to be wired or can I...
  10. Z

Returned my Digitrax Zephyr DCS52.

Forgive the impertinent questions, but whats a DCS system and how does it differ from DCC? (asking cuz I don't know, I mean, for a friend... :p ) Z
  11. Z

2 'weird' issues with a new layout

I was checking last night and I think my curves are less than 18". Is the curve measured to the inside rail or the outside rail (won't make much difference, but it could be why I was small)? Z.
  12. Z

I'm leaning towards pulling it all up and relaying it out. It'll just have to wait a few weeks due to life.... Thanks for all the suggestions and help. Z.
  13. Z

Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

My dad used to have a Big Ben in his truck. Its been years since I heard that chime. Also, that Zephyr is in Chi-town at the Museum of Sci. and Industry, isn't it? Z.
  14. Z

DC controller questions

RailPro concept? Not familiar with that. Z.
  15. Z

Body mount on the loco, happens on both truck mount and body mount rolling stock. Z.

Back