Recent content by Wojo

1. Wojo

Jerome's Switcher Roster

This is a priceless example of Steel short line expedience;). It looks like it's from one of the former Bethlehem Steel lines. Certainly would make an interesting modeling project.
  2. Wojo

Wpf 8-05/8-11

At least the guy in the 442 knows his intake is behind the license tag. Hope he remembers it's "Premium only". Looks good!
  3. Wojo

Turn Radius

Trailrider: You are absolutely correct about consistant curvature, regardless of radius. Another issue is the so called verticle curve which is due to uneven roadbed and sub roadbed, but resuts in undesired uncouplings and occasional derailments. Building a home layout is a compromise. I...
  4. Wojo

Turn Radius

For what it's worth, I'm currently running a home layout with an outer loop of 26" radius, and an inner loop of 24". The curves have easements leading into them, and have a slight superelevation. I have no problem running Walthers P2K E units and passenger cars right out of the box on either...
  5. Wojo

PRR Signal heads for diverging route

Using the PRR PL Signals, there would never be more than two signal heads. The Top, would be capable of displaying clear (3 lights verticle); Stop (3 lights horizontal) or Approach (3 lights diagional right high, center, and left low). These would be the basic automatic block indications, The...
  6. Wojo

Fire truck in Navy outfit

The "Fox" looks great. Ahrens Fox also built the more conventional midship pump arrangement, found in other fire trucks, but nothing was more distinctive than the Front mounted pump Ahrens Fox. I grew up near a fire station that had two, with chrome roosters mounted on the chromed ball. Of...
  7. Wojo

I had forgotten about that site, it is excellent. BTW: This Rule Book remained in effect until sometime in 1968, when it was replaced by the PC Rulebook. Joe
  8. Wojo

Log on to the Keystone Crossings web site, under towers and signals. Various signal aspects and situations are covered. You can apply them to your situation. http://kc.pennsyrr.com/towers/index.php There are entirely too many senarios to give a one size fits all answer.
  9. Wojo

Why doesn't Atlas make more GP7s and GP9s?

I believe that Atlas made the announcement a couple of years ago. I have one GP7, and comparing the drive to the P2k and bachman, I prefer the Atlas. Body wise, the P2k is better. From a business stand point, since B'mann has a lock on the lower end - needs different decoder and additional...
  10. Wojo

Con-Car Pass. Cars, converting couplers.

The Rapido Canadien will be completely accurate - and if you are into CP or VIA - worth the cost. I do not believe the cars will be able to run on curves less than 24" - 26" though.
  11. Wojo

Amtrak Herritage units

True, no doubt the buyer was a collector, and the locomotive will possibly never see a working layout. After all, right now it is a "One of a Kind".
  12. Wojo

Con-Car Pass. Cars, converting couplers.

While I do not have the branchline/suburban cars I have six of the ConCor PRR MP54 cars, which are detailed dead on prototypes of the PRR's basic commuter/branchline basic passenger cars. The models are very detailed and run well. From what I can tell from the ConCor descriptions, the ones...
  13. Wojo

Cracked axle gears on Proto 2000

14. Wojo

Strasburg vs. Real Short Lines

The initial purpose of the Strasburg RR was to deliver carload freight to customers in the vicinity of the agricultural town of Strasburg, PA. Back when everyone, not just the Amish used horse drawn wagons and buggies, the trip from Strasburg to Leaman Place (on the PRR) was considerably more...

Back