Recent content by Warpiper

1. W

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Ahhh, the wheels....... I've been looking for a while. It appears the only wheels available are from Hornby and they go from any where from $40-80 per pack of 10. A bit on the pricey side. The diameter is 14.1 mm from tread to tread. Haven't found any non Hornby wheels that may work so I...
  2. W

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Hi Rabman, Thank, I appreciate it. Its been a slow project but fun. I got a little carried away the other week and then again 2 nights ago. About 10 days ago I found and won 2 eBay auctions for some LNER teak coaches for my Flying Scotsman my grand kids gave me last year for Christmas. They...
  3. W

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

LOL! Love the heavy equipment. :)
  4. W

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Ok, quick up date. The kids came in for a week for New Years (delayed Christmas) and I got to play trains with my grandson every day. And to my surprise, my 2 year granddaughter loved the trains too! I got the new track and cross over down and ran some 14 gauge wire under the table and...
  5. W

The Union Pacific Soggy Bottoms Subdivision (HO scale)

Boy, I don't envy you the cleanup ahead of you but I do envy the space. Have fun with the family and Merry Christmas.
  6. W

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Thanks. :) They were fun to make. I'm going to start working on putting down some track on the bridge today. Hopefully once everything is done, the rails will line up with the bridge and table. I'll glue the track down first then cut the rails once its set.
  7. W

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Yesterday I started working on making a drop in gate to replace the hing gate I had. This morning I had to take a sander to some of the sides of it to make it less of a tighter fit. Don't want to have to force it in. Final got the fit I was happy with. Have to push down a little for a snug...
  8. W

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Earlier today I made some trees for the first time. The first batch came from the Woodlands Scenic forest canape, autumn mix kit. I really don't like how they turned out. They look clumpy and a bit bare on top. I dipped the trees into scenic cement and then sprinkled the flocking over it...
  9. W

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Ok, some more progress. Last week I painted the rock cliffs and mountain (hill more like it) grayish and I painted the middle hill light brown and sprinkled some ground up pine bark on the wet pain. This is the first time I've ever made or painted scenery and I must say I'm surprised at how...
  10. W

That's going to be a great build. Can't wait to see it take shape.
  11. W

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Hi Mike, Thank you for your complement. I feel bad it's taken this long just to get to this point but I'm starting to get back into it. Just did some painting this past weekend and it doesn't look too bad for a first time. I'll post those pics soon. Need to paint the expandable foam and...
  12. W

Building an airbrush paint booth

Nice paint booths! Simple construction and functional. I"ll have to try to make one after the holidays.
  13. W

B&M Railroad (Ben & Me)

Well, life has a way of distracting you. I'm finally getting back to where I left off. I got new wheel sets, kayde connectors and some weights and started upgrading some of the cars. I also cleaned up the scenery a little and put a coating of plaster over it. Not pretty but it will work...
  14. W

Need help. Metal truck and wheels shorting out.

Sweet!! It'll look nice on your layout. :D
  15. W

The bridge turned out awesome and I love the idea of the sub. That's definitely going to give it some interest. Now it has me thinking....... :confused:

Back