Recent content by Waggs

1. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

I made a deal with him and he fulfilled it so I'm happy. Thanks for that link. I might even get some education from there
  2. Waggs

Whiskey Hill RR

I foudn a guy on Ebay that has a couple of really nice trestles. Here's a curved one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/N-Scale-CURVED-TIMBER-TRESTLE-24inch-LONG-WOOD-KIT-/330885861236?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item4d0a558f74 Look up the seller: advanced_rail_systems He has a lot of N Scale stuff at...
  3. Waggs

Atlas turn outs

These are great little switches. ON - OFF - ON momentary and only $1.95 each. I've seen the same thing from hobby shops going for around $6.95 Take your pick. https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_75951_-1
  4. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

Beats me. I just showed up with what I paid for and received. I also told the guy who I bought them from that they were not "N" Scale trains but a Reader's Digest collectable and he's offered to refund my money. Who knows, one day they may be collector items.
  5. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

I guess I'll go back to my original idea and just park it for looks. The cars trucks have the couplers attached and they are fixed in a straight position so they wouldn't operate either without doing a lot of cutting and reworking. That set of now becomes an expensive decoration. That's ok...
  6. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

WOW I think you are dead on. Thanks. Now looking at the couplers, do you think I can replace those with the magnetic ones? It does have a strange looking coupler.
  7. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

It's a Plymouth Locomotive? See that's another issue, I need to ID nost everything I have.
  8. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

I've been told that it's a Reader's Digest toy but, it does fit on track. I guess I'll add a spur and park it there just for looks.
  9. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

And the last photo I couldn't upload so here it is of the little switch engine.
  10. Waggs

My Locomotive Questions

Hi All, I just bought some stuff off Ebay and need to know a few things about 2 engines. The first one is a dummy locomotive and I would like to find the matching powered locomotive. The second is a switch engine and I'd like to know what magnetic couplers I need to get. One is completely...
  11. Waggs

TRICKED OUT TRAINS on Travel Channel

That is so cool. Unfortunately I saw the listing about 55 minutes too late. I'll look forward to it next week-end.
  12. Waggs

Building Re-Purposing

Thanks Rlundy90, You are very helpful and I do appreciate that very much. I appreciate all the help I get from anyone who is willing to share their knowledge without wanting to make you feel like I should just shut up and read. Thanks again.
  13. Waggs

Building Re-Purposing

Thanks for all your comments and offers of help. I thought it looked pretty good myself when you consider what I started with. I figured out the photo thumbnail thing and it's showing right. I guess it was just me. Thanks again.
  14. Waggs

Whiskey Hill RR

Wish we had skinny cat tails around here. Oh well if we did I couldn't get out to get them anyway. Very nice layout. I'm just starting my first.
  15. Waggs

Building Re-Purposing

Well, I sort of took your advice and did cut that area off but, since I could sleep anyway, I sat here and started messing with the part I cut off and tinkering with it and cutting that part apart and came up with a pretty good fix if I do say so myself. What do you think? With some paint and...

Back