Recent content by vwrabbit

1. V

Am I the only one who just wants to watch trains run and not worry about "operation"?

That's my biggest question that I'm trying to answer myself. I like roundy rounds if they're big enough to not look like the layout around the tree at Christmas. But some operations give it more interest, right? So some sort of compromise needs to be made. The important thing is to do what...
  2. V

My first Layout - a 5' x 9' Modern BNSF Freelance

Thanks! I'll have to pick those up!
  3. V

Railroad memorabilia for the train room

Nice deal! I'll probably look for a few more after the new year. Tim
  4. V

Ebay is where I got my stock cert. Reasonable price. Very nice condition. It's been a while since I picked it up. Not sure what they are going for these days. Tim
  5. V

My first Layout - a 5' x 9' Modern BNSF Freelance

This is a serious inspiration for me! Fantastic work! I'm going to try something very similar after seeing this for my first layout. I've been doing scale modeling for a while, but never have tried any weathering or building buildings. You mentioned that you've been honing knowledge over the...
  6. V

New Pittsburgh Member...

Just saying hey from the 'burgh. Found this forum the other day. Inherited a nice Bachmann set and it's got me back on the bandwagon. Hopefully to stay. Won't have the space for any layouts until we find a new house (hopefully next year), but going to start accumulating what I can now...
  7. V

Nice one! I have a PRR stock cert that I'll be framing and hanging in my train room. Tim

Back