Recent content by videobruce

1. videobruce

Peco "Elecro Frog" Turnouts; points contact issues

I didn't want to turn this into another 'track cleaning thread'. ;) Those micro brushes don't apply much material. I 'rub' both surfaces a few times with what is on the brush. I don't squirt fluid into the opening which would be excessive since the amount would be hard to control. I haven't...
  2. videobruce

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but when I 'clean' the sides of the point & rail where that point seats (contacts) the problem usually goes away. Sometimes I have to re-clean with either IPA or Deoxit D5. I use these to clean and apply; https://www.micromark.com/Microbrushes BTW, I do have a...
  3. videobruce

Tops of the rails aren't the issue (at least with this issue). I do have WD40 Contact Cleaner I will try.
  4. videobruce

Unfortunately, I'm well past that stage. The layout has been complete (track wise) for 11 years now and complete as far as scenery a month ago. Whats' that piece of track above the turnout??
  5. videobruce

The 'dead' spot is between the points and the frog depending on if it is a single turnout or a x-over.
  6. videobruce

I'm having problems with the points of these Peco turnouts failing as far as electrical contacts. I have used 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and Deoxit D5 (not together) on the contact portions of the points to a limited success, but the problem returns after a week or two (I don't keep track of the date...
  7. videobruce

Cars not uncoupling at crest of the hump (N Scale)

I would have to try it. I received the MT magnet set (2) and discovered that the N & S poles are centered around the sides of the magnets which makes sense based on the direction the 'trip pin' is facing. On these small silver bar magnets the poles are on the top & bottom making them semi...
  8. videobruce

The poles of the magnets are the top and bottom of each one. Being the size is so small, it's hard to reposition them sideways, but it made no difference, they just won't work. I got the link and suggestion elsewhere to try those. :( I temp placed two stacked magnets against the rail to see...
  9. videobruce

I'll try those tests and report back. In my situation, magnets can only be between the rails as they are now with a MT magnet, or outside the rails which I did try, but since they weren't glued down the test was meaningless. There is no under the table access since this (the crest) is up on a...
  10. videobruce

I received my 1st set (of 2 sizes) of Neo magnets I ordered from China (a week earlier than the earliest estimate no less). I tried these Neo magnets and they pull the couplers together no matter which way I placed the magnets. Instead of uncoupling they do the opposite. I tried taking some...
  11. videobruce

I moved the magnet up again another 1/2 to 3/4 inch just past the crest and it improved uncoupling. Up from around 25% uncoupling to around 75% of the cars. With the MT magnet 50x7x3mm (measured) cars now separate at the very end of the magnet meaning to move it up further will require a longer...
  12. videobruce

I was aware that humps are not common which is why I wanted one.
  13. videobruce

On the 'problem' cars I'm not sure if both knuckles are opening. The other cars it's a 'textbook' operation when they separate.
  14. videobruce

Long story short; the 'trip pin' of the lead car doesn't appear to be opening up when coupled to the 2nd car at the crest of the hump. Separately that trip pin does open when not coupled, but together it doesn't appear to be moving. thou it's hard to tell. One does, the other doesn't. I've move...
  15. videobruce

N Atlas used turnouts for sale (25 pieces) good condition

All code 80? I assume all were pulled from an existing layout?

Back