Recent content by venksv

1. V

Getting Started--how?

We used to have an old OO Hornby layout that my dad bought at an auction. I've seen it running a couple of times and was hooked. Unfortunately, the tracks rusted and it went into cold storage. But I always loved just getting the tracks setup and pushing the cars on it (without any locomotive...
  2. V

Kadee couplers - intro.

Iron Horseman - much thanks for the concise explanation. Was getting a bit overwhelmed with all the diagrams on Kadee's site but this gives me a lot more focus. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. V

Kadee couplers - intro.

Hi guys, ok, very weird - thought I posted it but can't see it anywhere! Here goes again: Newbie here still in the planning stages. I have a bunch of HO rolling stock with mixed and/or broken couplers. From what I've read, Kadee seems to be the way to go. However, I'm having trouble...
  4. V

Newbie with DCC questions

Another dcc related question: I've often read that if you're considering DCC but are starting with DC, wire the layout as though it was for DCC. What exactly does this mean? Is it simply a question of providing enough feeder wires so the entire layout has a stable voltage supply? Sent from my...
  5. V

Hello from NJ ...

Thanks Bruette! Have been checking eBay and Amazon periodically. Prefer Amazon as I've got Prime, so free 2d shipping! Do you guys normally buy tracks new or used? I'm currently working with code 100 sectional ...
  6. V

Hello from NJ ...

oh one thing - does anyone recommend any hobby shops/clubs in central NJ (around middlesex county)? for some reason, haven't found many posts from NJers (or maybe I haven't looked hard enough!!!)
  7. V

Hello from NJ ...

Hi guys, Long time lurker finally posting something. Been meaning to start on my layout for ages and finally hoping to get something done now .... i'm a newbie and am thinking to start off with a std 4x8 HO layout. I'm probably going to use one of the many 4x8s available online and then make...

Back