Recent content by Truckload

1. T

DecoderPro: USB-to-Serial Adapter Works on Friend's System, but Not Mine

I may be able to help. I have a NCE 5 amp system and had a lot of problems at first. Obviously your computer and USB are OK if they worked on your friends system. I also could not get mine to work at first. I had two problems. One Problem was a loose wire at the output from the base station to...
  2. T

QSI lights not working properly

I just completed my track, so putting lots of locomotives into service for first time. While I like all of the features of the QSI, the Soundtrax equipped locos are easier to program and more reliable for me so far. Anyway, I have put four QSI equipped Atlas locomotives into service without too...
  3. T

NCE Power Pro doesnt lke the QSI? Any Help?

I installed a PowerPax unit on my layout, and now I have no problems with programming all locos including Soundtrax and QSI. The only issue with the PowerPax is the manual wants the user to have a totally isolated programing track. I had a section of one track hooked to a DPDT switch so that...
  4. T

Which Airbrush Compressor to Buy

That is a beautiful locomotive Bad Order.
  5. T

Thank you Espeefan! I think you solved my problem. Now that you directed me to look for "not enough voltage" as the problem, I see there is tons of stuff on the internet about this problem. This is EXACTLY my issue. Problem solved. I am ordering a PTB-100 today. Thanks again. Also great idea...
  6. T

The primary reason I want to learn to airbrush is weathering - both structures and rolling stock. Up to this point, I have used canned spray paint or brushed paint. I really enjoy building structures, and I want them to look more realistic. For Rolling stock I have used powdered chalk and dry...
  7. T

I have an NCE Power Pro system. Just had it a few weeks. Works great, love it. However, I have several Atlas engines with QSI Titan sound decoders. When I put them on the program track, the NCE can not read the decoder manufacturer or model. Help! Also, second issue, I can't get Decoder Pro to...
  8. T

Need help the NCE Universal apdater for JMRI software

I am having the same problem with Windows 7. It just acts like it is not connected.
  9. T

I just started using an airbrush using Propel canned air. Time to buy a compressor. Can anyone recommend a specific brand or model? Looking for a small unit, just airbrushing model railroad stuff, but want a good, no hassle, reliable unit. Cost is secondary to quality. Thanks for any help!
  10. T

Help with Propel Cans Please

Thanks for all of the replies so far. I really did enjoy using the airbrush, so I guess I need to buy a small airbrush compressor. I will start a new thread and ask for suggestions of compressor to buy.
  11. T

Help with Propel Cans Please

I have always been afraid to try airbrushing. But at 60 years old I figured it was time to man up and try it. I bought a badger model 200 with propel can. That is a single action brush with bottom feed using compressed air from a can, called Propel. First two projects went fairly well. I used...
  12. T

Ballasting Switches

There is an interesting video on this exact topic on MR Video Plus.
  13. T

Construction of the Philly & Scranton

A very ambitious plan! The thing that jumps out at me most is the narrow aisles. Even for one man operation, it looks tight. Also track density, especially on the right side of the plan, leaves little room for industries or scenery. Are you sure that is what you want? Thanks for posting about...
  14. T

Double Track - Yes or No?

Thanks for all the answers so far. Apologies to those who did not understand or like the poll, but obviously the subject of double track, yes or no, is of at least some interest to many. If one considers all the miles of Railroad through all of RR history, the miles of multiple track are far...
  15. T

Double Track - Yes or No?

What do you think of a double track layout? For timetable and train order operation, double track would actually decrease operational fun. And I am sure double track is less prototypical. Only a few of the very busiest mainlines are double tracked. But for lone wolf operation where the first...

Back