Recent content by tphmike

1. tphmike

Texas New Guy

My name is Mike Lee and live in League City, Texas, just south of Houston. I am an N Scaler and model my hometown railroad the Tonopah and Goldfield Railroad in central Nevada. The railroad was initially a narrow gauge railroad and only operated 1 year before standard gauged. The era I model is...
  2. tphmike

Hiding Mistakes When Building Structures and Rolling Stock

Same as above. I'm modeling a mine in my hometown and has numerous buildings. Fortunately, they all are covered with corrugated metal. So, my uneven joints are covered. Whew!! If not I'd be still trying to get the buildings strait.
  3. tphmike

Hiding Mistakes When Building Structures and Rolling Stock

Very nice. Can't find the fingerprints or paint.
  4. tphmike

Have you actually ridden a narrow Gauge train?

Yes. Rode the Glennbrook at the Nevada State Railroad Museum during the Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge Historical Society and Virginia and Truckee Railway Symposium. It was great!!!
  5. tphmike

N scale layouts that can support LONG trains - do they exist?

Our club layout, The Galveston County Model Railroad Club in Texas City, can support long trains. However, we haven't done this in years. I think our record was 120 cars and 4 engines. Now our average train is about 20 cars. Here's some photos. This layout is an E shaped layout approximately 52...

Back