Recent content by tooter

1. tooter

tooter goes big time...

The tooter train takes to the rails...:) The pull cart had traction issues pulling the flat car up the steepest grade because the wheels were crushing the green grass and lubricating the rails causing it to slip back down the grade. So I weedwhacked both sides of each rail so that...
  2. tooter

tooter goes big time...

Yesterday was a landmark day in that the mail line was completed... :) That's the last tie so it got marked and stamped 03 17 2013 to commorate the event. The main line is 180 feet and took 16 months to lay the track... Here's a track test when the rails were roughed in just to see...
  3. tooter

tooter goes big time...

What a fascinating historical fact. :) Bock Bock loves it when I dig a new roadbed.
  4. tooter

tooter goes big time...

Hey Dad, :) Yes, the grade in that last turn is 7%, which is far beyond any recommendations for a riding railroad. And if any weeds get in between the wheels and the rails, it slips big time. Lately, I layed some more rail... And another track test... Gf51UYMjfMk
  5. tooter

tooter goes big time...

Hey Rico, :) The intake manifold project is all done now. This is before... ...and after... ...so it's back to trains. ;)
  6. tooter

tooter goes big time...

Here's the first test run of the railbike... :) qF8n-X1Wl9s That run starts out level and goes up to a 7% grade. It has enough traction to make it up alone, but not enough to pull or push the flat car along with it.
  7. tooter

tooter goes big time...

They'll just have cheap split keyrings. Just found out today that the pedal powered railbike is done and will be shipped soon! I'll post pics and video when it gets here. :)
  8. tooter

tooter goes big time...

Cannonball really does superb quality work. I'm happy to do business with them as everything they have sent me has surpassed my expectations. This is the flat car I also got from them. It has the same operating couplers...
  9. tooter

tooter goes big time...

Some coupler assemblies arrived today... :) They're made by Cannonball... http://www.cannonballltd.com/ ...and are the nicest ones I've found. They even have locking drop pins and operate just like real ones.
  10. tooter

tooter goes big time...

I do. :) Just right now the manifold project is taking up most all of my spare time.
  11. tooter

tooter goes big time...

Hey Dad, :) I'm still here and got totally sidetracked on other projects. But I laid another 10 feet of track over the weekend... :) I wanted the tracks to be unobtrusive in the yard, and nature is doing just that...
  12. tooter

tooter goes big time...

I'm test fitting it for clearances, then it goes to the welder... :)
  13. tooter

tooter goes big time...

Hey Dad, :) I got sidetracked working on adapting an intake manifold to an unintended application... Naturally, it's a genuine tooter... ;)
  14. tooter

tooter goes big time...

I was able to extort a concession from the indigents squatting on the land for the spur line to continue with a right hand turn up the hill and around the back of the propane tank. Passengers will be forbidden to smoke in this high danger area. Long term plans are for the spur line to go all...
  15. tooter

tooter goes big time...

I fully understand, Dad... :) This whole project has been no end of fun because it turned out to be a hilarious mixture of railroad and roller coaster. I ride on that little cart over and over again, grinning all the way. :)

Back