Recent content by tony22

1. T

How long have you been at this?

46 years on and off.
  2. T

What sounds like a F-M H16/44?

That's what I suspected Alan. Very frustrating. I was hoping something else would make a decent substitute while I was waiting; the beauty of the LokSound is that it can be easily reprogrammed once the correct file becomes available. QSI has F-M sound files but they don't make sound decoders...
  3. T

What sounds like a F-M H16/44?

This is a DCC sound question, but it is with respect to the real thing so I hope this is the right place. I am planning to add sound to my Atlas H16/44 locos but LokSound does not yet have a download for the Fairbanks Morse 8 cylinder opposed engine used in that road engine. In fact they don't...
  4. T

Stay far away from Bachmann N Scale

Well, I'm not a huge Bachmann fan myself but don't be put off by that, Mike. I don't know how that connector pulled loose in the EM-1 (rough shipment maybe?) but once it was plugged back in (very easy to do) the engine ran (and runs) like a Swiss watch. Quiet, smooth, no bounce or jerk as the...
  5. T

Mike, IIRC this model has that "two piece" circuit board assembly in the tender. Have you taken the tender shell off to see if there could be some disconnect between the two? I say that only because a similar thing happened to my EM-1. Appeared to be dead as a doornail. Turned out the connector...
  6. T

Having problems with MRR mag's main website

Sigh, never mind. I just re-registered and doing it that way it took a new password. I know I had been still registered from previously because I was still regularly getting the email updates / news.
  7. T

Having problems with MRR mag's main website

The problem, really, is that I forgot my password. But the next problem is that over the course of the last few days I've used the "Forgot Password" request option (using my email address) multiple times and I get no email back directing me what to do. How do I get this to work?
  8. T

Mike, what happened exactly? I just got my 4-6-0 last week and gave it a thorough test run and break in and it runs okay.
  9. T

Recommendations for a N-scale Pennsy steamer?

Yep. That's what I was going to suggest too, Philip. There's one more option. If you do a search on eBay you'll find pretty nice PRR castings from Iron Lou. Lou is a regular on Trainboard and his castings have gotten good reviews. You should be able to get an 0-6-0 or 4-6-2 chasis (in either...
  10. T

Recommendations for a N-scale Pennsy steamer?

Hmm, I see no one has answered you Beachbum. I guess I'll try. :) Do you want off the shelf or are you willing to do a bit of kitbashing? And what sort of dollar figure were you thinking about?
  11. T

Atlas Shay

Mine runs at a scale .37 (that's right) mph on Kato Unitrack. Smooth as silk. I hesitate to fit a decoder into it for fear of ruining this incredible performance.
  12. T

n scale track plans

Update: My negotiations with the government for additional right of way may be bearing fruit. I surveyed a stretch of territory and determined that some of the old structures which were in place (furniture) could be removed by the railroad (:D) as they were no longer of any use to the incoming...
  13. T

n scale track plans

Hey, that's a pretty nice plan, Phil. If I had a 4x8 spot it would definitely be something to consider. Right now I'm in the 3x5 and under category, unless I can get the landowner (you know who :) ) to lease my railroad a bit more space.
  14. T

Other forums??

I've tried to register there with both Firefox and IE and in neither one can I get the registration code to show up on the screen (the random stuff that you type into the box). I even tried adding the site to my IE Trusted Zone and it still doesn't show up.
  15. T

n scale track plans

I've been examining the same questions. Been looking to get back into N after years of having my stuff boxed up. But this time around I have to think small. I've also looked at the websites already listed, as well as a couple of others...

Back