Recent content by toddmc09

1. T

Weekly Photo Fun 9-04/9-10

Great Pic of Great Northern, I love the Vanderbilt Tenders, seems to accentuate the steam engine itself.
  2. T

Show Your Face

Here's me and the wife, second wedding, same woman! I cant' believe she kept me, even when I told her the trains had to stay!:p I clean up pretty good. SP Fan from Central Cal.
  3. T

Anybody built a kit from JL Innnovative Design

I have done some of their N scale stuff and the quality was simple and good, the castings were actually pretty clean for being so small, but can not speak for the HO size but I am sure it is the same quality.
  4. T

Moving up to FOS

Thanks, I was able to include some N scale parts into it and they fit pretty well and it's hard to tell the size difference. I have built a lot of the Bar Mills kits, and I have enjoyed all of them,the guy's put my Magee's up on their site, and that's pretty cool to show off my work. I can't...
  5. T

Moving up to FOS

Here are some Magee's Pics, I liked that this was a basics kit and I could have some fun with it.
  6. T

Photo contest theme.......

Waterfronts.
  7. T

Moving up to FOS

I forgot to mention, that I have been modeling N guage my whole life, and I am just now switching to HO, It is getting harder to model the small buildings and I have to move up to the larger scale. As I have always known, there are much more kits and engines available in HO and I can start...
  8. T

Moving up to FOS

Hi Guys, just orderd my first FOS Kit, Tower Gas/Walts Garage, and I am starting to experiment with canopy glue for windows instead of clear plastic. I orderd some of the bragdons weathering powders as well. Pretty excited to jump up to a more craftsman style kit. I hope to post pics as I go...
  9. T

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

USN 1984-1990 USS Nimitz CVN 68 Norfolk, VA Bremerton, WA Southern Pacific and a little Chessie
  10. T

Cotton mills?

Jim, that cotten, gin and textile mill complex in the drawing would be the coolest model railroad industry kitbash ever... wouldnt it be great if someone modeld it for their layout? That would be a real industrial scene.
  11. T

Mountain Scenes

Very cool and natural looking, obviously you are paying great attentions to the way the water would find its way down the rocks. Great job, and I look forward to seeing more. I wish more members posted scenery in progress shots. The cool thing is once yuo start to sprinkle on the ground foam...
  12. T

Has anyone tried Google Earth yet?

I use it all the time, and I look up places I have been to or lived in my life. When I was a kid I lived in Italy and there was a high speed train (Rapido?) that ran behind our house every day and night, and I looked up the tracks and followed them all over the country. Great stuff, saw my old...
  13. T

Buildings and Structures; Built-Up VS. Kits?

:)Oh Yea! You gotta build' em. That's what makes the hobby enjoyable for me, and I actually find the building of the kits, mostly wood, to be relaxing and thereaputic. I actually enjoy the building and detailing the scenes more than the running of trains for the most part, I have been...
  14. T

Transition from Kato to Atlas HO Track?

Yes it would be nice if Kato supported the HO lines more, good luck with your projects. I like the Kato track, but it sometimes does not lend itself well to making yards and spur areas or transitions to other equipment, etc. It is great when you are strting out becuase the stuff snaps together...
  15. T

Transition from Kato to Atlas HO Track?

Okay sorry for that , I see you have HO track. But removing the joiners and replacing them and then soldering might fix it, in combination with the roadbed. Sorry again I did not realize you had HO.

Back