Recent content by TMLW

1. TMLW

Stripping paint from plastic models

I am not saying it doesn't work, I just have never had much luck using it. Usually it only removes some of the paint. Even with leaving it in there for days at a time. Scrubbing it takes some more off but with using the Scalecoat II stripper, 20 minutes and most shells are clean with little...
  2. TMLW

Decals questions

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeyo4bi/index.html Jeff Tyrrell has done 90% of the custom decals that I have had made.
  3. TMLW

Decals questions

Another option would be to have someone else custom print decals for you. I have had this done on many many projects over the last 7 years. Mainly due to the fact that no one else makes the decals for the railroads I model.
  4. TMLW

Brass - Worth It Or Not?

I only have a few pieces of brass. Over all, i think their over priced. Reason i have any brass at all is no one makes a Alco 2-8-2T in plastic, so I had to get a brass one. I also have 2 brass CA-3 cabooses because I picked them up at a swap meet for $30 each. Don't think the guy knew what he...
  5. TMLW

Looking for a fantasy cn loco

One nice thing about this hobby, you can do what ever you want. Rather it existed or not.
  6. TMLW

humm never heard of this ,,,

Wasn't sure if you were referring to him or me. I assumed me because you had quoted what I said. No problem.
  7. TMLW

Here is one. This are the lights from the 4023 on the CC&C Ry. #15 in 2011 during the polar express runs. I received the lights from my dad a few years ago and did a full restoration on them. I put new electrics in them as well as sand blasted them and repainted them. Currently they are...
  8. TMLW

Hello from the PNW

Welcome. Post what you have up here and I am sure people will be more than happy to help you out with info on the pieces.
  9. TMLW

Pretty sure the 4005 was the only one ever oil fired. Also, I have the class lights that my grandfather took off the 4023 the day she was retired.
  10. TMLW

WOW! THE WIFE SAYS YES! To my new Layout...AND!!

If you can put the 2 feet in I sure would. You can never have too much room for a layout.
  11. TMLW

OK FOLKS- Which DCC is best for me?

I have used Digitrax pretty much since it came out. I have a zeypher that I use on my test track and use for programing. I also have a Super Chief that I use on the layout. RC throttles. I have used the NCE system. My dad actually switched to it and likes it better. Which worked in my favor as I...
  12. TMLW

Looking for a specific engine- Help me please!

Kato is usually sold out of parts for any of their locos. Ebay would be a good bet. Their is also a Yahoo E-group called HOInterchange that I have found a lot of locos on over the years.
  13. TMLW

Trailer for "The Lone Ranger"

2 good friends of mine were involved with building all the trains for this movie. A lot of the cars were build on old caboose frames. They also build several locomotives for the shooting of this movie. I can not wait for it to come out.
  14. TMLW

Roundhouse brand (N scale)

I think their good cars. I have a lot of them. Probably around 75 or so. All of them I upgraded to Micro-trains trucks and couplers.
  15. TMLW

No More Trains

You have been a wonderful person to have on this site over the years. I have learned a lot from your posts and am glad I have a few of your kit bashed engines. Sorry to hear your leaving the hobby but sounds understandable. And if you do go to the 7-1/2" stuff HAVE FUN!!!! I have had a half of...

Back