Recent content by TLOC

1. TLOC

Weathering Engines a Continuous thread.

BNSF 5756 and 2867 are finally programmed to the cab numbers. It took re-reading the NCE power cab manual, the ESU decoder V4 manual online and then 3 different You Tube videos to figure out why the cab numbers were not being accepted. But they are done and I know a lot more then I will ever...
  2. TLOC

Front End Friday

Front end Friday 4/19/2024 NS 8777 a 9-40c on loan to the Wisconsin River Valley and Terminal RR passes through the paper mill
  3. TLOC

Front End Friday

Beautiful
  4. TLOC

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Good morning from a bright clear start to a Wisconsin day. Mother Nature seems to be trying to make fools of us as I guess she doesn’t watch trials or read about missiles flying! It’s 36f degrees feeling like 29 this Springtime morning. We might hit 50. The grass out the window in this bright...
  5. TLOC

Trackside Thursday

Coming through the Paper Mill
  6. TLOC

Terry gets about 24-36 hours from her disposable batteries. Hers are Bluetooth connected and she watches TV with the audio via Bluetooth. She gets a 60 minute warning that repeats every 10 minutes
  7. TLOC

Never a good thing when the client says, where is ??? Found it as it is labeled for him but in the next pile of diesels over! #2867 is a Gp39-2 from Athearn Genesis but instead of a Tsunami2 decoder has a ESU version 4. Again purchased pre-owned it’s not programmed to default 3 or the cab...
  8. TLOC

Next locomotive up is a STX GE ES44ac operator version of BNSF 5756. Interesting that the last 10 diesels I have weathered have all been either Athearn Genesis with Soundtraxx Tsunami2 decoders or already programmed to cab number STX Rivet Counters with ESU version decoders. This was a pre-owned...
  9. TLOC

Weathering Rolling Stock, a Continous thread

If the medium being used is oils they most likely are using a mineral spirit type liquid to remove it. They are many types of mineral spirits available to the artist and painter community. It’s a wipe on, wipe off type of activity. While they truly are not wiping off 100% of the medium they are...
  10. TLOC

Good morning to all those with some sort of ailment or not! That would be a hello to all! Wisconsin weather is not nice again but at least there is no white stuff in the forecast. It’s 47f degrees now heading to maybe 50 and the rain should be starting up within the hour. Another good day to...
  11. TLOC

Troy I’m not able to offer any advice on your “tinnitus” but wish you the best on your search for help As for the trial… it must be your journalistic background coming through. I understand folks interest but I try to stay as far from it as possible. You and my wife would enjoy meeting. Enjoy...
  12. TLOC

Health care and wives can be pretty damn amazing. Listen to your doctor and your wife and all will be well. Plus, you are getting out of extra gardening projects!
  13. TLOC

I would agree with that. Funny though, I didn’t realize it was a factory fade. I faded it my way on the top of the factory
  14. TLOC

I finally got to the studio for some weathering. I found the Railbox carton and it is a Athearn RTR Prime for Grime series car

Back