Recent content by thebigj55

1. T

If you had to choose between...

If you had to choose between steel and brass track which would it be and why? (nickel siver isn't an option.) The reason I ask is beacause I just picked a bunch of track at a flea market. Don't worry it was cheap
  2. T

Help! Japanese 0-4-0 problem(s)

The LHS has the 0-4-0 now they are trying to find a fitting worm gear. If they can't find one and I look online how can I tell if it will fit. Thank you so much for the help so far-John
  3. T

Fruit Growers Express

I had no idea That New haven was a stockholder. Thank you for commenting on my rolling Stock -John
  4. T

There was a drawbar with pin. I went back to the LHS and found what I believe to be the corresponding tender. The only stamped piece marked was the bottom of the 0-4-0. it was stamped with "Japan". Im not sure what grounding consists of. the two wires on the reverse of the motor are cut.
  5. T

Wooden Green Passenger cars ID Needed

These are all wooden kits with metal sides
  6. T

Fruit Growers Express

After consulting the internet I could find much on these cars except that they were leased. Were these boxcars found in the northeast often? This is what I presume is a Varney kit, but I may be Wrong (Most Likely)
  7. T

Wooden Green Passenger cars ID Needed

I bought these back in July at the LHS when I entered the hobby. My best guess is that they are Rivarossi kit builds. Any Clue on what these are. My guess is there is a combine and baggage car Thank you, John
  8. T

I recently acquired this little 0-4-0 presuming it was not running. Sure enough a gear is missing that transfers power from the motor to the wheels(problem 1) also the engine has no pickups for powering the motor(Problem 2). How should I approach this? I was thinking of using a tender of sorts...
  9. T

Scratch Built Trestle

Ive built this wonderfully out of scale Ho trestle Bridge. Although it is built I wanted to garnish it with some details. Any Ideas? My Cat and a New Haven Boxcar for Some Scale:)
  10. T

weathering wooden bridges

In my high school wood shop class I am building a wooden bridge for my ho layout. the trusses look like this :http://www.modelersdepot.com/katonscalesd70acebnsfswoosh9378-1-1-1-2-1-2-2-1-1-1-1-3-1-1-1-1-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-4-1-1-2.aspx I want to weather it to age it a bit. what techniques can i use...
  11. T

Minitrains in HOe

I bought 2 used sets of the original Mini trains sets. I also bought an egger-bahn set for mining of the same scale. Any hints on repair? None of the engines work. [Unless it counts when the Minitrains smoke and smell like burning plastic] but i think im just about fixed the egger bahn loco. I...
  12. T

hurricane irene

We in rural mass lost power for six days. I read model railroader for two of the six thanks for the replys
  13. T

hurricane irene

To those of you affected How is everyones layouts doing in such a storm. Are their any tips about keeping my basement layout above water.we live in massachusetts Keep safe those of you in new england getting hit right now ~John.
  14. T

Ebay Experiences

As a new modeler i have discovered eBay for cheap ho stuff. does anyone have tips for seeing if the item is junk? Also i'd love to hear some stories:)
  15. T

Hospital Stay

What food item from the golden arches made you sick? I hope it wasn't a mcchicken those are the best. It is always the wendys chili that puts me under for a few days. But im just a kid

Back