Recent content by TexasAndy

1. T

N-scale Kato Unitrack + Unitram layout: Small-build layout progress thread.

Another question would also be how did it you convert to 110 Volt AC??? Since the U.K. version was set up for 220.
  2. T

N-scale Kato Unitrack + Unitram layout: Small-build layout progress thread.

Where did you find that Dynamis Ultima system since its not available in the U.S.???
  3. T

N scale Con Cor Aerotrain???

Pics or video??
  4. T

Hornby by Arnold locomotives

I have been very pleased with them thus far. I was able to buy the 4 that I was interested in and the seller VRC Hobbies in NY sold a few for auction. I won a U28C last night for $31!!! before shipping. Again for the money I paid the value is incredible. If anyone is interested I will post...
  5. T

It's slowly getting there

Very nice! what did you use to cut the foam?
  6. T

How many prefer to buy DCC equipped vs. DCC ready?

Personally I have no issue with saving a bit of money and installing the decoder myself. Typically you save about $40-50 and the Digitrax decoders I buy from Yankeedabbler are about $25-26 dollars so I'm ahead about $15-20 or so. This buys another car or most of another decoder. I have done a...
  7. T

Since when did M.B. Klein become so slow?

So here is an update I received an email back earlier this morning from them. Gerard Dembeck (ModelTrainStuff.com Support Portal) Oct 13, 11:05 AM EDT Mr. Leeth: Good morning. Our shipping department is finishing up orders placed on the 9th today. Your package should be sent via USPS...
  8. T

Do You Prefer Sound or Standard Non-sound DCC Locomotives?

I find the whole sound thing personally to be a bit of a noisy gimmick. I'm an N scale guy and they sound quality from a tiny speaker is just not very impressive. Now that new BLI Paragon 3 sound thingy with a subwoofer is intriguing but I also find most sound equipped locomotives to be cost...
  9. T

After my positive experience I shall be buying their U28C's because they can be had for that same price of $47 ea.
  10. T

I also want to ad that I think some of it is arrogance. They are THE low price leader in the U.S. and they know it and if a consumer wants that low price then they are going to wait ...regardless. In comparison I ordered from Trainworld up in NJ at the same time, and my order was shipped...
  11. T

Do a Google search for "M.B. Klein slow orders" and you will find what you are asking about. The 3rd - 5th search hits reveal forum posts that discuss this very thing.
  12. T

That's not the point I expect timely service just like everyone else. This is 2017 it should not take an online seller 4 business days to process an order.
  13. T

As of last night they still have not shipped the order. I emailed them with their very convoluted help ticket system so we shall see if and what they respond with. I have been in and around retail for most of my adult life either on the sales side or on the vendor side which is where I am now...
  14. T

I placed an order early Monday morning and they still have not shipped it...what gives??? This is pretty unusual for them but I find there are complaints of this all over the web now. Anyone else had issues recently?
  15. T

In retrospect I have had 2 arrive recently and installed decoders. I find the detail to be on par with Atlas and they run pretty smooth but don't pull as strong as Kato but for the money I paid a good value imo.

Back