Recent content by StevieWonder787

1. StevieWonder787

Athearn Genesis compatible locos

IF money is secondary, you can always convert a quality power unit to a dummy unit if you're really hung up on the detail. Not terribly cost effective, but if appearance is primary and you don't need the pulling power (and most of us don't on home size layouts) and cost effectiveness is...
  2. StevieWonder787

Who makes the best model diesel locomotives?

I've had quality control issues with the Athearn Genesis DCC/Sound units that I own. I'd say 25% of them have some issue out of the box. ScaleTrains and Intermountain would be at the top of my list in the "A" category. I would consider Broadway Ltd to be there also. Atlas and Kato in the "B"...
  3. StevieWonder787

Woodland Scenics Just Plug failures ???

Replaced the HUB and everything works as advertised.
  4. StevieWonder787

Broken switch - is it repairable?

Fixed with SuperGlue. How durable will it be ??? Who knows ...
  5. StevieWonder787

I couldn't get a full size soldering iron between the roadbed and the bottom of the upper level.
  6. StevieWonder787

So to set the background on this situation, I purchased this layout and my skill level is novice. Whomever designed this layout really never thought much about doing track repairs. The lower level has a reverse loop and is unfortunately constructed such that it is nearly impossible to get to...
  7. StevieWonder787

Yes, I checked all the pins in each of the ports (receiver plugs) on the Lighting Hub and got 23.6VDC. I did talk to the folks at Woodland Scenics. They were very quick in their response. They did tell me that there are resistors in both the hub itself and in the wires of each lighted item. They...
  8. StevieWonder787

That's correct. I plugged into the lighting hub and then tried an expansion hub. Both showed 23.6 VDC across the pins on all of the receiver plugs which is where the lights plug into. Supposed to be plug and play. I'm kind of thinking there was an issue with the resistors which are wired in at...
  9. StevieWonder787

I was trying to install a Woodland Scenics Just Plug system for my passenger depot with interior lights and street lights for the platform. All of my parts are factory Woodland Scenics parts including the 24VDC (why?) power supply. I tested the receiving plug pins and got 23.6VDC on all the...
  10. StevieWonder787

Experience with Ring Engineering Railpro system

I'm trying to find some real world user experience with the Ring Engineering Railpro system. The decoders are pricey but it seems like the system is easy to use, very easy to reprogram locomotive parameters and as mobile as you can get. Anybody out there with some experience they might want to...
  11. StevieWonder787

President Bush's Funeral Train

Current generation, except for Amtrak, do not have steam generators or the head end power to power a passenger train. This car allows any locomotive consist to pull a complete passenger train without regard to power or steam production issues.
  12. StevieWonder787

Bush Funeral Train

From UP tracks northwest of Spring, TX adjacent to Root Road, prior to Tomball.
  13. StevieWonder787

Glass walled casket car
  14. StevieWonder787

Passing thru North Hampton between Spring and Tomball.

Back