Recent content by stevezrx

1. S

CNW switching layout

Well it's been a little slow lately but some progress is better than no progress. If you look the track plan above the pictures show the lower yard and a picture of the cn interchange track coming down from Rockford In the second picture you can see the foam and where the incline will be...
  2. S

CNW switching layout

So this layout will utilize my current layout and represent Janesville dark tan is the cnw railroad and 4 inches above the lighter yellow bench work which will just be stacking foam. The yellow area will represent the wsor. The green area is a 2.8% grade representing the interchange between the...
  3. S

CNW switching layout

Does anyone model the Janesville wi area. This area used to/ still does have nice industries for switching and 3 railroads Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. S

CNW switching layout

Layout levels I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, it is now a bi level layout. The Darker yellow is 4 inches of styrafoam above the plywood. The dark blue area is the interchange between the WSOR and the CNW. So technicially you could run two seperate railroads in the same space...
  5. S

CNW switching layout

18 x 11 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. S

CNW switching layout

Still torn it's hard for me to change what I have already created I like the city scene and going into a rural scene. I also am having a hard time taking up my paper mill Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. S

CNW switching layout

Well a good friend of mine had to come up with a great design that already incorporated a lot of my layout so what do you think. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. S

CNW switching layout

Couldn't help myself bought a pair of $6 dollar hoppers to haul some grain and I think they look good. Anything I should do to them? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. S

Light diffusing

So simple and it makes sense.
  10. S

CNW switching layout

Ok here is a small project I'm pretty excited to post. Here is one thing I have learned every layout needs a team track. I have been experimenting with different ideas. One is to get a truck to represent what is being unloaded. Here is a gasoline car. If I had a diesel truck I could have fueled...
  11. S

2'x8' Shelf Module

nice cassettes I think I will have to use this design.
  12. S

CNW switching layout

great ideas for open rail industries
  13. S

CNW switching layout

I had some help on the engine by Dave Scheoedle at the Collinsville prototype meet we first dull coated then used powders a white charcoal pencil and watercolor pencils. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. S

CNW switching layout

Before and after I attended the proto modelers meet where I tried my hand at weathering a car. Awesome. Probably not perfect but I really like it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back