Recent content by SouthernRR

1. SouthernRR

Mantua Classics HO 345103 2-6-6-2 Articulated Logger with Tender

I think I might order one this weekend. I have read reviews and was able to find a couple videos, So far it seems like a decent engine. I was kind of hesitant with the MRC sound but it seems they have revised some things with their decoders in this engine.
  2. SouthernRR

Mantua Classics HO 345103 2-6-6-2 Articulated Logger with Tender

I was thinking of buying this and was wondering if anyone has one and what their thoughts are on it. Mantua Classics HO 345103 2-6-6-2 Articulated Logger with Tender, Norfolk & Western #1192 (DCC & Sound Equipped)...
  3. SouthernRR

Hello from Raleigh, N.C.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. My last layout was just to much. I spent more time managing each track that I did enjoying it. This one here still has quite a bit of room for scenery and/or buildings and with the 1 mainline and couple sidings I can sit back and enjoy watching the trains roll...
  4. SouthernRR

Hello from Raleigh, N.C.

Thanks santafewillie. You know the forum I am talking about I see. My layout is still under construction but it is a DCC HO 5x10 with an O27 gauge track running around the bottom base. It is a freelance design with Southern, NS, Conrail, and CSX roadnames. The O27 is mainly PRR. I had a previous...
  5. SouthernRR

Operating Model Airport

That layout has always been amazing. I had seen a video the other day where a guy put an rc motor in a box truck for his layout he had turn signals and lights he operated from a remote control. I couldn't find that video but I found this on youtube. It's similar to the video I seen. Would be...
  6. SouthernRR

Hello from Raleigh, N.C.

thanks guys
  7. SouthernRR

Hello from Raleigh, N.C.

Hello all, My name is Robert and I wanted to try this forum out. I was on another forum that went from all about model trains to bashing everyone who posted anything, so I decided it was time to move on. Like most in this hobby I look for new ideas and always enjoy input on projects on my...

Back