skyliner's latest activity

• skyliner
    skyliner replied to the thread M.B.Klein sold.
    Woah it is working again...and I still have reward points in my account!
  • skyliner
    skyliner replied to the thread Identifying manufacturer.
    I'm not an expert, but from a somewhat quick search online, this is what I can find about your caboose (the prototype): GTW 75026 is a...
  • skyliner
    I couldn't resist! As of about a week ago, I didn't know this model existed (they're brand new). Then an article from Trains magazine...
  • skyliner
    Do you have any idea of when it was sold to Scale Model Supplies? Do you know if it was put on display there, or left in its box? Are...
  • skyliner
    skyliner replied to the thread RDC.
    As you may already know, the short-lived ATT was primarily an importer of models from places like Japan, Yugoslavia, and Britain...
  • skyliner
    skyliner reacted to McLeod's post in the thread Switching Saturday with Like Like.
    Far down on the south end of the yard, CN 5609 is arriving to drop off a line of 2-bay closed hoppers: Upon arrival to the yards north...
  • skyliner
    skyliner replied to the thread Decoder Installation Question.
    The response you received on the MRH forum is basically correct. Connectors are JST type. There are a myriad of different size JST...
  • skyliner
    skyliner replied to the thread Walthers decal issues.
    When I was younger, I used to let decals soak much longer, until they came off the backer. I lost a number of decals that way, they'd...
  • skyliner
    I don't let my decals soak too long, maybe 20-45 seconds. I also use warm water most of the time. Then I place it on a paper towel until...
  • skyliner
    I'll second what NVS mentioned above, decals apply best to a glossy surface. Also, are you using just Micro Sol, or are you using Micro...
  • skyliner
    skyliner replied to the thread Midwest Monday.
    Pacing a northbound mixed freight along US 45 near Champaign, IL in 2007. Two IC GP38-2s in the lead. On the first flat is a Caterpillar...
  • skyliner
    skyliner replied to the thread Insert Train Here.....
    Yes! I can contribute to this thread, sorry I didn't see it earlier. Sunset on the NS main just west of Tolono, IL in 2007.
  • skyliner
    skyliner replied to the thread Any tips on cracked gears?.
    Huh, I could have sworn NWSL was going out of business a couple years ago. Looks like they were saved after all. Assuming the product...
  • skyliner
    It looks like the 58420 is a blank decoder, i.e. it doesn't have any sound files on it, you need to load what type of sounds you wish to...
  • skyliner
    skyliner replied to the thread Haven't done this for years!.
    It depends on what your desired modeling "goal" is-- e.g. mostly building and modeling without an emphasis on running trains; less...
    • 81FTHiKAeNL._SL1360_.jpg

Back