Recent content by Severity One

1. S

Loco(s) for Walthers 10-car Olympian Hiawatha

@trailrider: Actually, yesterday I found a new Walthers Proto 2000 E7 A/A set (the 920-47951, with locos 19A and 19B) for €200, which is around $220. And actually from Germany, so I don't have any issues with tax or custom fees. (Value Added Tax and custom fees would add easily 20% to the...
  2. S

Right, I just realised I made a mistake. The set of cars that I have is of the Twin Cities Hiawatha, which automatically excludes the electrics. So it looks indeed like it's going to be the E7A/A set. - Peter
  3. S

Thanks for the links. I posted a reply yesterday, but that appears to have, well, disappeared. I'm not familiar with True Line Trains. Any word on how accurate their C-Liners are? Online reviews are hard to find and any discussions are from 2009 or before. Interesting. Why wouldn't you want...
  4. S

Thanks, noted. Hmm, but now I know, and that's what counts... I'm a bit pedantic in that regard. Why won't you buy from MTH, if I may ask? My trains will eventually end up in a 5m/17ft display case hanging on the wall, so how well they run is less of a concern. - Peter
  5. S

The question has come up before, but the search showed that it was in 2014, and I figured I'd better not try and resuscitate a dead thread. In November 2014, I found a full 10-car set of the Olympian Hiawatha on Ebay, in the orange/maroon colour scheme, mostly because I was infatuated with...
  6. S

HHP-8 consists

Hi, Several months ago, I got a Bachmann Spectrum HHP-8 from the USA, mostly because I think it's a very pretty looking locomotive. And when you're used to European prices, just over $100 for a brand new model looked rather enticing. Now I've been looking a bit about what kind of cars...
  7. S

Trucks for EMD export G8/G12

Yes, I was afraid it would be coming to filing down the Frateschi trucks. Note that the Frateschi trucks are significantly different from the ones shown in your and my photos. The SM 150/NS 2900 (the locomotive that this question is about) has sandboxes on the trucks like the Australian one...
  8. S

Trucks for EMD export G8/G12

Hi, After having started a thread on the non-model Railroad Forums (to be found here), it was suggested that my question be asked here, because it has more to do with modelling than with the 'real thing'. There used to be an EMD G12 derived model for the European market, that was built by...

Back