Selector's latest activity

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

• Selector
    Selector replied to the thread 4014.
    That's exactly what it is, a ratchet mechanism for the mechanical lubricators, and exposed like that seems to be counterproductive...
  • Selector
    Yup, got my terms muddled...thanks for correcting me. The compound cylinders got direct hp steam at start-up, and the booster was...
  • Selector
    The Y6a rode like a drunken sailor at speeds higher than about 45 mph according to their crews, so it was virtually never run higher...
  • Selector
    I doubt such a small steamer would have had a double-axled trailer truck. Locally, we have an active 2-8-2 Baldwin that has the same...
  • Selector
    I like the idea of using two panes of glass, covered with something to keep the light from getting to the plastic. I think the idea is...
  • Selector
    There are no bad brands. All brands have their problem children. All of them. So, to me, your question is perhaps missing the crux of...
  • Selector
    I can't see a use for them, except perhaps under my yard. Since feeders are meant to be kept short so that voltage losses are minimal...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com