Recent content by sd80mac

1. S

Athearn HO Scale RTR Grinding Gears ProblemSo So I got an Athearn

The frame may be identical, but the entire shell is new and shares no past with the RPP other than model designation. Donnell
  2. S

A pair of naked ladies!

Hi Dan, Great job on the progress of these units! I was wondering how they turned out, but shaving been banned from the DDF, I wasn't able to follow. Anyhow, great job, and I look forward to seeing them in Cascade green at some future point! Donnell
  3. S

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

Poly-fil Hi Jos, As with other, I have been following your series on building trees and must say theat theses, by far, are the best, most realistic looking trees I have ever seen! That said, I have gathered materials to build a test tree, but the only fibers I could find similar to what...
  4. S

Building a 1 Inch Table Saw

Very innovative! This is the part about the hobby that I really enjoy! Donnell
  5. S

Benchwork Lumber?

"Oak"-kay, I can accept that. (I had to throw that weak joke in because we're talking about wood...:D ) Anyhow, to provide some reasoning behind my statement, when we bought our house, we had the opportunity to see it built from the ground up, and from what I saw the wood studs were not all...
  6. S

Benchwork Lumber?

What about Poplar? How "warp-prone" is this wood? -mac
  7. S

Benchwork Lumber?

The stuff used to build homes is not as straight as you think it is... -mac
  8. S

Got my first airbrush kit

Hey Carey, How do you like the HF double action? Donnell
  9. S

I'll have to agree Fred. I've tried the Eclise, the Revolution, and the HP. But the one I was most impressed by with the Custom Micron. This airbrush is phenomenal! It can do things other brushes only dream of! Donnell
  10. S

No Problem. I visit HF at least 3-4 time a month, and I've seen this airbrush kit. I wanted to buy it just to try it out, but I already have 5 airburshes; a Paasche VL, 2 Paasche H models, a Badger 360, and a Badger 155 Anthem. I also got to try several Iwata airbrushes and instantly fell in...
  11. S

The airbrush you got from HF is almost an exact copy of the Badger 155/360 airbrush, which is a very good brush. I'm not sure if the parts are interchangeable, but if they are, this could come in handy if replacement parts are necessary. It was made for painting with acrylics, but I...
  12. S

Cannon and Company nose conversion...

Fred is right about going with the "whole" package (nose, cab, and sub-base), though I have removed the Athearn 81" nose successfully to be replaced with the Cannon 88" nose. Here's what I do: 1. Make one main cut about 1/8" above, but parallel to the molded on sub-base using a Zona...
  13. S

Etched brass door latches?

You're thinking about the one's from Sunrise Enterprises. Unfortunately, they are no longer available... Donnell

Back