Recent content by scubaterry

1. S

Photo Fun for the week 21 - 28 May 2010

Tks Jon, the PC ties really make the soldering easier. And yes HO scale. As far as club activity around here. Hmmm well I think I get the only copy of MRR each month at Wally World. About five years or so ago when we found out that we were getting transferred to the Gainesville area I was...
  2. S

Weekly photo fun May 28- June 4

Time for some yard work. That would be me in the corner taking a break.
  3. S

Photo Fun for the week 21 - 28 May 2010

I tell ya its difficult figuring out where your new pics go when you are retired. I have to look at my cell phone once in a while just to figure out what day of the week it is let alone day of the month. Now that I know how to post pics maybe posting each week in the WPF can keep me on track...
  4. S

Summer hobby ?

Motley, I'm thinking that would be a really short run show. Not to mention difficult to get volunteers, especially after the first one gets it. lol Terry in Sunny Florida
  5. S

Summer hobby ?

Julien I assume you were referring to my "Throwing" hobby. Its something I started doing about ten years ago just for fun. Self taught. I have a couple of targets set up just off of my back deck. One for knifes/bayonets etc small bladed stuff, Then I have a heavy duty target for...
  6. S

noch static gras.

Goldmine is where I got my 12v. That was about two years ago and since they only show the 120 vac version. Terry in Sunny Florida
  7. S

Summer hobby ?

Man I feel like a slacker! My other hobby is throwing Knifes and Tomahawks. My record shot is a 65 ft throw with one of my "Norse Hawks". Something real satisfying about that solid, final thunk of a good stick. Terry in Sunny Florida
  8. S

Let's see your police/fire scenes

Bustin some of those Darned Hippies! Terry in Sunny Florida
  9. S

noch static gras.

ChevelleSSGuy What Steve58 said! That is the exact article I used to make the applicator. A pretty simple, straight forward assembly. Terry in Sunny Florida
  10. S

noch static gras.

Here is a Static Grass applicator I made for less than twenty bucks and it is more powerful than the Noch monster and far less cheaper. I did a small patch of grass to ck it out and I was very pleased with the results. This guy will actually make your hair stand on end if you pass it near your...
  11. S

How far can a tortise throw

Good one Corey. I figured the title would be inviting. Terry in FLorida
  12. S

How far can a tortise throw

I have a frog that lands right in the middle of a joint. Can't move the joint and can't wiggle the T/O either way. It will be a 2 1/4 inch reach up to the throw bar. Can a tortise do it with a stronger throw wire than the one that comes with it. If so what diameter should I look at? Tks...
  13. S

Hobby Shop in Watertown NY

Well Bernie I can't help you with the LHS question but I did have to comment on the location. I was born and raised in Watertown. Joined the Navy in 71 and never went back. Sorry for a useless post but I don't see my home town in print very often. As a matter of fact one place we lived was...
  14. S

Florida Railroad Bunch

Larry Once I get on I-75 its about 35 miles to Ocala. Used to have our horses boarded there. However it takes about 35ish minutes to get to the interstate from the house. Actually I live about 10 miles north of Trenton off of CR47. G/V is about a 40ish minute drive from the house...
  15. S

Florida Railroad Bunch

Larry Ironic, I just moved back up from Naples a week ago. I had to kill four Cotton mouths in two weeks on the front porch and one of my dogs got a nip from a gator in our front yard. So I packed up my dogs and RR stuff and moved back up to the safety of Gainesville. Terry in Florida

Back