Recent content by Rustolum

1. R

First attempt at weathering a box car.

Yeah I agree its looks shinny in that picture. Thats from the flash. I dont really know how to use my wifes camra. lol. In hand theres no glossy spots. Maybe after I add some rust spots. I can get a better pic.
  2. R

First attempt at weathering a box car.

I just thought see what you guys thought of this, my first attempt at weathering a box car. Its not 100% done just yet. I still need to add some rust spots and do the wheel area. I didnt think to get pictures of it new before I started to work on it. But heres what it looked like new...
  3. R

Ballast size

In reply to first post. If you live near a beach? Use staind sand. I used to build a lot of dioramas years ago and found that regular beach sand workd great for stuff like rail rock oe gravel roads. The greyish color is pretty easy to obtian. Grab a little jar of grey acrylic paint. ( costs...
  4. R

New to Model Trains. Looking for advice.

Thanks again Jim. I like that thing, even If I cant use it for my boy. I might grab one or two for other things. :)
  5. R

What is this...

Or it could be a fumigation notice. Some times freights get fumigated with Phosphine gas. Edit to add: But after taking a closer look. I dont think it is. Looks more like a Quality Control statement.
  6. R

CP Rail Covered Hopper

If you cant find one. Id say make one. Those closed grey hopper are pretty common. Im sure you could find the decals. Im looking for a black CPRail Cylindrical Hopper like this one. But for a good price.
  7. R

Jim can you show me what kind of lamp switch your talking about? I looked at some and couldnt find one I think would work for my son.
  8. R

I just found this. http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circuits/Switching/reverse.htm and this. http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN4927 Maybe this will make more sence to someone llike yourself Western Star. But Does that look like what i might need to make a single...
  9. R

I hope the motor I ordered is good enough. But im not holding my breath. I also have a different RC motor on its way from a friend of mine. But I am 90% sure its not going to work out the way id like. Its from a RC helicopter. Thats where I came up with useing a PC fan speed switch. I wanted...
  10. R

An SP Boxcar

Oh you know I will. Im boucen all over these forums. Theres so much cool stuff I can learn and see on here. Its almost overwhelming.
  11. R

Im so new to Model trains. I dont even know what a X10 home automation or X10 control module is? I do have much to learn. But before I talk myself into sounding very stupid. Im going to go read up more on what a X10 home automation is and does. Thank you for the reply.
  12. R

Hi guys,Thank you all so much for the ideas and help. I wanted to reply yesterday. But was unable. After thinking a little bit more about the situation and after looking at the trains throttle. I thought of another idea. This idea makes it so I dont face a risks of jolting the train at start...
  13. R

An SP Boxcar

Jim aka UP2CSX. Thanks so much for the reply. That was a great little bit of info I didnt know.
  14. R

An SP Boxcar

Is that what they used to use as a type of autorack?
  15. R

Here is a image I made up quick to help explain what I have at this point to work with at this point.

Back