Recent content by RichardS-VA

1. RichardS-VA

New member, Ashland VA area

Thanks for the great suggestions! Maybe 30" radius in visible areas and smaller in hidden/helix areas? Each time I think about the design, it keeps getting bigger in scale! I would like to be able to run 2 locomotives at the same time, and was initially thinking of 1 visible, 1 going around...
  2. RichardS-VA

Ken, that layout and work is amazing! I'll definitely have to check it out someday. Still learning a lot and want to plan out the layout so I don't change stuff based on correcting mistakes, best to identify them before work begins!
  3. RichardS-VA

I'm researching the possibility of putting in a 2%, 22" radius helix under the mountain (displayed on diagram at top left) with a long incline at something close to 2% that runs along the back and hidden, starting at the corner at top right with a turnout that selects running along the wall or...
  4. RichardS-VA

Hello, my name is Richard and I'm a train addict. First step is admitting it, right? My wife is supportive to a point with the amount of train stuff being collected and even sat in a corner at one of the train shows while I shopped around, although she is not interested in the hobby herself...

Back