Recent content by RBMNfan

1. R

John Allen's G&D Railroad

I also was influenced by the V&O. Also the Utah Belt. The concept of the model railroad as a whole. The concept of a freelanced railroad that could have been. Thinking like actual railroad management trying to sustain a profitable business. Although I currently model an era earlier than those...
  2. R

help me find a site where I can configure and buy HO locomotives

Tony’s Trains does exactly that. Though they aren’t cheap. I got my Lenz dcc system from them. They also do custom installs and the prices are on their website. Litchfield Station also does custom installs. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

help me find a site where I can configure and buy HO locomotives

Another thing I would consider is BLI’s Rolling Thunder. It is a subwoofer control by a Paragon 3 sound equipped locomotive. I would even think about using sound in Nscale with their system. It can literally make the floor shake with the low end vibrations like a real locomotive. The only...
  4. R

Favorite model railroading ERA -ERA's 1800's- ?

I was going to model 1825 but I am having a problem getting a live 1/87 horse. I originally modeled modern era in N scale. Now steam and trolleys in 1925 in HO. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. R

DUPX 28075 8 axle Tetra Ethyl Lead tanker- build & finish-scratched

Wow you have a lot of skill. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. R

HO Bachmann - Mantua 2-6-6-2 DCC & Sound - Your Experience?

Mantua got the bell sound exactly correct. It sounds toylike compared to mainline steam locomotive bells. The whistle sound is no where close. The model needs more deep sound (bass?). Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. R

A "Must Read" Book

I used to think it would be neat to have a miniature railroad. I thought that it would be cool to run 5 miles on a 12” gauge railroad. Now I realize how much work, skill and money it would take to build and maintain such an operation. There is a balance between the gauge and how stable the...
  8. R

HO Bachmann - Mantua 2-6-6-2 DCC & Sound - Your Experience?

Mine runs ok, not great. The power pickup is old school split between the two sets of drivers. It stalls on many turnouts, but not every time. I have powered frogs and the rest of my collection runs smoothly over the turnouts. The sounds seem a bit rough compared with my other locomotives, but...
  9. R

How Long of a Train do you Run on Your Layout?

I run trains between 2 cars for passenger trains, 1 express reefer and 1 passenger car, to 16 car freight trains. Generally my freight trains are about 10 cars. I need to make a operating change to determine the length of freight trains since I now have enough cars on the layout. My last...
  10. R

What Voltage Do you Operate your HO DCC On?

The main concern is that the same watts (Amps x Volts) are used for the same load. The voltage being lower increases the amps. Probably not enough to matter unless you have a large layout. Most of us over build our bus anyway so the load is probably well within acceptable limits. If you are...
  11. R

Visiting Other Model Railroads.....

The Lehigh and Keystone Valley in Bethlehem PA is a pretty neat representation of LV and Reading railroads. It has scale models of the key scenes like the LV bridge station in south side Easton. I actually considered joining as I will like to try an operating session on a large model railroad...
  12. R

Notification of reply's to one's post

Mine still sends email notifications. All are turned off. Modeling the roaring 20's President of the Lancaster Central Railroad President of the Western Maryland Railway
  13. R

Do You Work Alone on Your Layout, or Do You Have Friends Help in The Construction?

I do like to be doing my own thing. Sometimes I wish someone else could do the scenery. Modeling the roaring 20's President of the Lancaster Central Railroad President of the Western Maryland Railway
  14. R

Do You Work Alone on Your Layout, or Do You Have Friends Help in The Construction?

Haha. My friends do that too me about other things in life." You really should xyz". I feel like saying "when you donate $20,000 to me then I will either follow your suggestion or someone else's, until then I will do what I can with the resources I have at hand". Some of my friends don't...
  15. R

I have usually been alone. I have about as much room as I can utilize without getting lost in the layout. Several of my friends have children interested in trains. Unfortunately my layout room is a bit of a man cave. I really need to find a high chair and clean up the room. Then I could have...

Back