Recent content by Raincoat2

1. Raincoat2

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Everyone - thanks for the likes (or dislikes, as the case may be) of my demolition photos. I put about 3 1/2 years into building that layout, and taking it down in a few weeks was hard. I mean both emotionally and physically. My wrists are still hurting!! An average of 75 screws in each 2 1/2 X...
  2. Raincoat2

Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Good morning everyone. Yeah, I'm back. Missed you guys. Coronavirus, working from home, back in the office, then back at home, getting ready to put the house on the market, looking for a place to retire (yeah, still looking - nothing definite yet) - what a year this is. And after a rainy spring...
  3. Raincoat2

Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

Good afternoon, everyone. 66 and cloudy out there. Virus-free still. Hope you all are doing well. I have been away from the forum for a while, bummed out and working hard from home. Missouri is getting set to do a phased reopening next Monday, but since my wife and I are both considered...
  4. Raincoat2

Good evening all. 50 out there. Got down to 34 last night, supposed to get into lower 30s tonight. Last gasp of winter from our neighbors to the north?! Haven't been on the forum for a few days - sure takes a while to catch up. Patrick, Karl, McLeod, BurlingtonBob, Flip, Sherrel, Tom, and...
  5. Raincoat2

Good evening everyone. 61 and still sunny out there. Only got down to 35 last night. After spending the day prepping and painting a long entryway and the laundry room (project needed to help get ready to sell this place as we move toward retirement!), MOH and I went out to a local Culver's and...
  6. Raincoat2

Good evening everyone. 61 right now (6 p.m.) heading down to 30 tonight!! Can you believe it?! Winter won't leave us alone. Tilled our garden area three nights ago, and my wife planted potatoes as well as gave the onions some more room. Mowed the yard last night and the dusts and pollen nearly...
  7. Raincoat2

Good evening everyone. Still 80 degrees here a little after 8 p.m. I've not been on the forum for a few days = getting used to this new schedule working at home is a bear!! Not hard, just way different. Haven't run trains in a couple of days, either. I'll have to take some new photos and post...
  8. Raincoat2

Burlington Bob - thanks for making the change to my email address. Working fine.
  9. Raincoat2

Good evening everyone. 42 and cloudy out there - winter's back, I guess - - we'll be back in the thirties tonight. we continue this roller coaster ride through weather. Warm one day, nearly freezing the next. Looks like the next week will be that way. Only going out when we absolutely have to...
  10. Raincoat2

Good afternoon everyone. 61 and cloudy. Texas Hobo, Tom, Chessie, NYC George, Wheeler, PAtrick, Garry, Chad, Sherrel, IronBelt Ken, Willie, Guy, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my train station photo post yesterday. Here a new photo of one of my farm on the...
  11. Raincoat2

Bob (Administrator) - I want to change my email address but wasn't able to locate where to do that on the forum. Please point me in the right direction.
  12. Raincoat2

Good evening everyone. 71 and starting to cloud over after a nice sunny day - that was two in a row!! Willie, Boris, Chet, Iron Belt Ken, Magalyto, Tom, James, McLeod, Flip, Chad, Patrick, Sherrel, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my post yesterday. Willie -...
  13. Raincoat2

Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Willie - meant to say earlier, those are some nice photos of your switching work on the layout. And, thanks for sending the rain this way 😜 Patrick - nice progress on your layout. I've got a Tech 7 too. Guy - I'd invite you to move south, but you might want to wait until the virus is defeated...
  14. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. Working from home today, as I will be ffor the next month or so. 51 and cloudy - overnight we got the rain that came from Willie's direction. Say, Flo, I'll have French toast, bacon, oj, and coffee, please. Not much to report from the train room. Ran 'em for a short while...
  15. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 52 and cloudy out here. Working from home these days. Mayor mandated a 30-day stay-at-home order except for "essential businesses" - his definition made us wonder who ISN'T an essential business. But our school does meet the criteria for an essential business so we...

Back