Recent content by Raincoat2

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Raincoat2

Running Bear's July 2018 Coffee Shop

Good morning everyone. 70 and cloudy, looking at 95+ today. Horrendous storm blew through this area yesterday evening. Knocked out power (not us) and brought down trees and limbs everywhere. Also brought over a quarter inch of much-needed rain. If you follow the news, you're probably already...
  2. Raincoat2

Toot - Nice looking log car. I assume those are twigs you've found around the yard? Willie - nice photos. I really like the variety of folks and their positions.
  3. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 71 and overcast, hitting 94 today. Coffee's on! Hope today is not a pin-drop day. Toot - that is a great photo Boris - I agree - the building is looking really good I dodged jury duty today - reason to celebrate with a doughnut!! (Actually, ANYTHING is a reason to...
  4. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 73 and cloudy. Had spotty showers yesterday which left us about a quarter inch of rain. Every drop is welcome! The remodels continue (plural, because we're doing the master bath and a guest bath at the same time). I usually grad 15 minutes each evening to work in the...
  5. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 70 and clear, hitting 91 today. I need coffee big time o_O Well, the remodel project got underway yesterday with demolition, removal of old fixtures, tearing down a couple of walls, etc. Some more today, and then we wait for the new items (vanity, tub, shower, mirrors...
  6. Raincoat2

Willie - you must have posted the same time I did - just saw your post from this morning - some nice photos from your layout. Chet - nice rail photo. I agree with you on hating to have to make trips into town - you're drive is probably longer than mine since it only takes us about 10 minutes...
  7. Raincoat2

Good morning. 76 and hitting 93 this afternoon. 30% chance of rain. Some possibility of scattered showers over the next few days. We need it. Had the kids and grandkids over yesterday for lunch. It had rained overnight and through the early morning, so it was too wet to play outside. Our...
  8. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 76 looking at 96 later, with only a 20% chance of rain. The car thermometer registered 100 yesterday on the way home from work, but tv news said 99 was the high. I believe my car, not the weatherman. Willie - Nice details in that gas station. That's one thing I still have...
  9. Raincoat2

Laura's Book Store (DPM kit)

Olie - that is some nice work on the bookstore. It will be a nice addition to your layout. What is that metal-looking base that you have it on, evidently a work surface?
  10. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. Got room for one more? I'll have a cup of coffee, cream, no sugar; and a doughnut, sugar, no cream. 76 looking for 96 today, 20% chance of rain. Willie - Adding a room to my workshop is a possibility; "quietly" is not. BTW, nice work on the gas station. Will like to see...
  11. Raincoat2

Garry and others - I will definitely post photos of the MR-IV when it's complete and in place on the layout.
  12. Raincoat2

"Hello - - I'm Johnny, and I'm a model railroad addict." 71 looking at 93 today. But, hey - - we had one of those "widely scattered showers" park itself over our house yesterday and drop 1/2 inch of rain! More, please. Terry - I agree with your recipe for iced tea, except you left out the...
  13. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 73 now, 93 later, only 10% chance of scattered rain. The green woods around us are starting to turn desert-brown! HELP!! Curt, Greg, Willie, Chet, anyone else I might have missed - thanks for the insider info on Insta-Fence. I'll be buying some as soon as I can find...
  14. Raincoat2

New HO US 1950's-60's Vehicles from Oxford Diecast for 2017

Chet - Very nice looking cruisers for your roads.
  15. Raincoat2

Willie - you mention the Bar mills "Insta-Fence." Haven't used it before, but looked it up at MJKlein (out of stock now) and it looks like it's ready-made. Is it? Or is it a kit format?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com