Recent content by Raincoat2

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Raincoat2

Running Bear's November 2018 Coffee Shop

Good morning everyone. 17 degrees and sunny out there. Wind chill of 2!! The snow did not stick in this part of the country, but just north of us they got a couple of inches on roads and ground. More snow due on Thursday. Everyone - Thank you for your continued prayers for my wife. Greg and...
  2. Raincoat2

9:30 and snowing like crazy out there!!! Good-bye, summer (and fall). Not sticking 'cause the ground and roads are too warm, but it will accumulate later this afternoon as temps drop. Next two nights will be in the teens. More snow possible on Thursday. Gee - - might as well live in Montana...
  3. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 39 and about to snow out there. Predicting a couple of inches - won't stick to roads until this evening, making the drive home dicey. Oh well. By the way, we did get down to 17 degrees Saturday morning, making for a brisk weekend!! Greg - what brand mini camera did you...
  4. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 33 and mostly cloudy here. Snow missed us last night - stayed north of Springfield. Still forecasting upper teens for low tonight. It's going to be a hot cider evening, I believe, maybe with the fireplace going for the first time this season. Terry - Thank you for keeping...
  5. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 40 and cloudy, chance of rain today, chance of snow tonight. Down to 17 Friday night. Thanks a lot, Chet ;) Personally I don't mind some cold weather and snow, but it's not like it used to be with me. In my younger years, living on Long Island, I was part owner of a...
  6. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 40 and partly cloudy. First time I've seen the word "snow" in our local forecast, possibly tomorrow night. Shouldn't be any road accumulation since it's still too warm for that. Temps are tumbling, though, with highs in the 30s and low 40s through the next 7 days. Well...
  7. Raincoat2

I guess that would work, 'cause right now the cows are invisible, too.
  8. Raincoat2

Found this while browsing on YouTube - great old stuff. New York Central (which is what I model) steam locos in 1928-29. Very cool. Enjoy.
  9. Raincoat2

Nah - those cows are so dumb, they haven't figured out how to step between the fence slats.
  10. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 40 and sunny here. Well, we heard from the hospital yesterday regarding MOH's biopsy, and it was not the news we wanted to hear. The tumor is cancerous. She goes for more imaging next Monday, then we meet with the surgeon (generally recognized as the best one in these...
  11. Raincoat2

"Heaven has a wall and strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders."
  12. Raincoat2

Garry - Business forecasting and financial planning?? Did not know that about you. Sounds interesting, to say the least. Yes, Fox Business News and Bloomberg are useful shows. I like your advice: Don't be gullible; be skeptical. Everyone - No matter who you vote for, get out and vote tomorrow...
  13. Raincoat2

Okay - now for some layout update photos. In between cooking and keeping house while MOH was recovering from the biopsy, I was able to do some scenicking, mostly farmacizing and fensticating. Here are some photos as I developed the "farm area" next to the lake on my layout. Two farms with a...
  14. Raincoat2

Thought we were supposed to avoid politically-charged issues. Well, then, here's a bumper sticker for today:
  15. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 45 and cloudy out there. Coffee is nice and hot in here - - so is the conversation sometimes!! Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers, thoughts, and well-wishes for my wife. Here's the update: she had the biopsy last Thursday. I took two days off work to take care...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com