Recent content by Raincoat2

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Raincoat2

Running Bear's Coffee Shop September 2018

Good morning everyone. 74 and partly cloudy out there. Got the annual doctor visit today - fasting until then. Don't mind them taking blood 'cause that just makes more room in my veins for coffee o_O All I got done last night was a little more scenicking on the layout. Got the local club's...
  2. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 74 and sunny out there. Cool-down scheduled for this weekend. Greg - Thanks for the information about ACT-6006. I'll look for some and give it a try. Garry - The area sounds like fun and interesting to visit. We'll have to keep that in mind. Terry - Regarding your F&I...
  3. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 73 and sunny out my window. Still working to earn money for this weekend's train show. Terry - Hope all is well in your area as you recover from the hurricane. I understand inland river flooding is going to be a real problem for a while. Stay safe. Chet - If you head in...
  4. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 69 and sunny out there. Another beautiful day - - so why am I in this office?!?! :mad: Oh, that's right - I need to make some money to spend at the train show this Saturday.:rolleyes: Spent the evening replacing another casement window operator. Easy work, just takes...
  5. Raincoat2

Garry - the dinner train in Bardstown sounds interesting. Might be motivation for a road trip some time. Probably not this year though. Thanks for posting the photos and for the tip about this one.
  6. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 67 and sunny here. My wife and I had a weekend "getaway" in Branson this weekend at our favorite B&B. Drove down Friday afternoon, spent the evening shopping, went to Silver Dollar City (great tourist attraction) most of Saturday, and took in a show (The Haygoods, a...
  7. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 67 and clear out there. Weather here is gorgeous for the next several days, partly because of Hurricane Florence. Prayers for Terry and all those on the east cost affected by the path of this event. Nothing to report from the train room. Spent the evening working on...
  8. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 67 and sunny outside my window. Prayers and thoughts for all those in hurricane Florence's path. I'm sitting here with a cup of hot mocha with chocolate creamer - - doesn't get much better than this. Can't ever get too much chocolate! Here's a photo of that DPM structure...
  9. Raincoat2

Karl - I think it makes even LOUDER sounds when no one is around!!
  10. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 61 and clear out my window. Terry - I see all the talk about trees coming down. 11 years ago we lived elsewhere near here, on 3.5 acres. That January (2007) we had an ice storm that brought down 32 trees on our property - may have been more than that, but that's what I...
  11. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. Nice cool 60 and clear outside. Several days of nice weather coming our way. That hurricane on the east coast actually makes our weather nicer here, but prayers for the folks on the Carolina and Virginia coasts. Terry - Great news about your wife's improvement. Hope you...
  12. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 58 and sunny out my window. Great cooldown over the weekend. Rain left 4 inches in our gauge over the past 3 days. Warming up and drying out this week. Running a little late this morning, and have a meeting that starts in a half hour, so I'll be brief. David - All is...
  13. Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. 71 and cloudy. An overnight downpour left a little over a quarter inch of rain in our gauge. Rain today and tomorrow, then clearing up. This bathroom remodel is neverending. Forget my comment yesterday about seeing a light at the end of the tunnel - it could indeed be an...
  14. Raincoat2

Getting hosed!

Aerojet - Ian gave the link to a thread I started some months ago. I just posted a photo there after I finally made some hoses for my firehouse. Here is that photo: I used a thin solder, pounded it flat with a hammer, opened up the ends a bit (to look like couplings), and painted it, although...
  15. Raincoat2

Homemade Fire Hoses?

I appreciate all the comments that you guys made. Forgot to post a photo of the hoses I made. I used solder - would have to look at the roll to see what size it was, but rather thin solder - pounded it with a hammer, opened up the two ends just a bit (to look like couplings), painted it a light...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com