Recent content by Railroadman725

1. R

Hi everyone. New layout(hand laid track)in the works. Railroadman.wordpress.com

When I referred to scale I was referring to the drawing scale, not the layout scale being HO. You need to draw your layout in a smaller scale as to fit on the size of paper you are using. This has nothing to do with the HO scale. Don't be confused by that. Also I have lots of pictures on my...
  2. R

I do a lot of planning as it is kinda hard to do hand laid track without a clean plan to ensure everything will work. Takes a lot more time to build and not fun to tear apart due to a error in planning. My biggest piece of planning advice is to make some radius templates out of plastic or thin...
  3. R

Thanks Rod. It will keep me out of trouble. I spent 12 years on my old layout which can be fully seen on my blog. I am very particular and take the time to do things right the first time. My goal was to have something running by April in the hopes of possibly opening the layout for the first...
  4. R

well after tearing down my layout and unfortunately my grandfathers layout too, moving and getting the new house jobs done including finishing the previously unfinished basement I have now after one year in my new house started the layout. Old layout was 11x11 aprox and the new space is...
  5. R

well after tearing down my layout and unfortunately my grandfathers layout too, moving and getting the new house jobs done including finishing the previously unfinished basement I have now after one year in my new house started the layout. Old layout was 11x11 aprox and the new space is...
  6. R

Back