Recent content by Railroader84

1. R

Christmas

Good Luck Eric, And thank you for your Service!
  2. R

What did you get for Christmas?

I got an SD40-2 UP - #3300 With Decoder. And 3 box cars 2 SP and 1 UP
  3. R

Coffee Shop XXV

So. Cal weather Update, Sunny high clouds and about 60 degrees although it seems much warmer. It's actually perfect weather, wish it would stay like this.
  4. R

Wondering if i've found a deal

Way way too much for the Athearn, The Bachman is not worth much. The Athearn model is a good model depending on how old it is can be converted to DCC. I agree he don't know what he has, thats why they are way over priced.
  5. R

Coffee Shop XXV

Its raining here in Calif. Last week 100 degrees, this week raining, I actually like the rain more. Cant work on the railroad in the rain though. Thats the problem with the layout in a detached garage. Don't like to get wet opening the garage door. Moisture swells up the wood hope it does not...
  6. R

track question help please

I agree I feel the Atlas Flex and cork roadbed is the best for the price. I have used Atlas, Peco, Lambert switches and found that the Atlas although have some problems seem to work out for me. Biggest problem is the DEAD Frog, and they do take some filing around the points the factory inset on...
  7. R

Watsonville junction

Frank: Awesome Layout. You have talent for sure. I am glad to see that the Mighty SP still lives in Germany. Keep the photo coming. I need Idea's
  8. R

How do you quit second-guessing your track plan?

What I did is this. At the planning stage I made a list of things I wanted to do, like, type of operation, just run trains or operate using switch lists, car cards etc, single track or double track, how long of trains. everything I could think of. Then designed a layout to fit as much as I...

Back