Recent content by Railroad Pony

1. Railroad Pony

USA/RO Colour Question

What brand of and name of is the paint Ro/USA trains is using on their grey MoW cars? I'd like to do some touch ups but haven't found a real match. I'd rather not have to repaint the entire MoW train.
  2. Railroad Pony

Flatcar Origin

Delton's prototype builder used wood and resin castings on their prototypes. I have the prototype car used when they started making the combine car and it has a wood roof and sides made of scribed plastic. I wonder if this Ro car might have been the same? Wood bolster used to see if would work...
  3. Railroad Pony

Flatcar Origin

I was wondering if it was a Charles Ro prototype or if they might have made these as a special, short run. I'm goinv to sed if I can get the span bolsters 3D printed and make a couple more cars.
  4. Railroad Pony

Flatcar Origin

I have a heavy duty flat I just aquired. The base model was made by Charles Ro. The span bolsters are made of wood. Was this a prototype or a short run of these cars?
  5. Railroad Pony

Custom decals.

Where can I get custom decals made? I'm going to need a bunch of them.
  6. Railroad Pony

Korber Kits

Now, if we just knew where the molds went.
  7. Railroad Pony

Korber Kits

Well! I just discovered something about Korber and their kit making. They kitbashed their own kits. I just got a N.O.S. 576 Aunt Bertha's house and noticed the walls had a strong resemblance to 579 Yardmaster shack. They're the same walls. Korber cut the shack walls from the Bertha walls. They...
  8. Railroad Pony

Piko Coaling Tower

The main framework has been painted and some preliminary weathering started. The colour is railroad tie brown and the weathering is a weathered railroad tie paint. I oversprayed it with weathered black to show the remaining creosote in the wood. All the timbers will have a thin coat of coal dust...
  9. Railroad Pony

Korber Kits

I thought I might flail at a deceased equine and ask if there's any news about the Korber kits ever seeing the light of day again. Last thing I saw was that Entertrainment Junction had taken over the G molds. Has/did anything come of it? Any ideas where they might be now? It's a shame that such...
  10. Railroad Pony

Piko Coaling Tower

Well, this is where I am at this point. I added woodgrain to all the beams that were just smooth plastic using a fine tooth hack saw blade. To make sure it stays together this time, I drilled through the beams at the corners and put a piece of a plastic coated paneling nail in the holes. They...
  11. Railroad Pony

Bachmann little big hauler hopper

Here's some pics of the uncut car.
  12. Railroad Pony

Ore Car Overview

Yea, they're proud of their name. The winner would have gotten a coat of mineral brown to hide all of that.
  13. Railroad Pony

Bachmann little big hauler hopper

Okay. I've begun the conversion of the Bachmann Little Big Hauler hopper into a ribbed side ore car. The inside slope sheets end at a V in the middle of the car. There are no doors to dump the car out. In the middle of the bottom of the car, there is a square, hollow opening that can't be seen...
  14. Railroad Pony

Ore Car Overview

Of the three cars, the LGB is hands down winner in the looks department, but you pay for that level of detail. They aren't cheap. But, you get what you're paying for. The Lionel is a good looking car, but the hijacker trucks make it look ridiculously top heavy. New, shorter bolsters are needed...

Back