Recent content by railfan

1. railfan

The Boss gets lit up too!

I am inside that caboose......wearing sunglasses. :cool:
  2. railfan

What are turnouts so expensive?

Since I use N scale maybe prices might be slightly less than, or same as HO for new turnouts (not sure). The very few brand new ones I bought were $12 to $18, but the $18 ones were remote controllable atlas type. AND.....AND....the real cool thing is I got most of my collection of 76 turnouts...
  3. railfan

No layout? What is your favorite part of hobby?

What if we DO have a layout? :confused::eek: With N scale, the trains can be almost realistically long. What's most fun for me is how similar the dynamics of a moving N scale train are to real trains. The couplers can only handle so many cars before they let go on tighter curves, so my limit is...
  4. railfan

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

I don't know if I'm still here, or but yeah. But I'm still here I guess. :)
  5. railfan

Running Bear's Cofee Shop LI

In the mysterious and nearly unknown small town where I live, there is large industrial plant which recently changed ownership from Rolls Royce to Siemens. Drove past there this morning to see they've built a brand new rail siding and are stock piling all kinds of materials, parts and supplies...
  6. railfan

Good to see you David..!
  7. railfan

Hey Guys, good to see familiar faces still here. Summer is going fast, but I have no control over that so no worries. Hope your trains are steady rolling. I got another 10+ year old kato dash-9 in stunning condition. It's a bnsf warbonnet. And I may snag a deal for another large haul of used...
  8. railfan

Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVII

Thank you Louis. I'm trying to get a bunch more so I can assemble the worlds largest longest N scale power move...hee hee! Also have four good MRC DC powerpacks in case there's some way to slave them all together. Hope I don't trip the circuit breaker for my apartment, don't even know where it...
  9. railfan

Thanks Ken. Good to see you as well! Was thinking of maybe building a drone, but will probably get more model train items instead. :D
  10. railfan

Aha! I figured you would know and was hoping to hear from you. Thanks! :D
  11. railfan

I want to get a couple SD40-2. Most of my 31 locos are the modern GE 4400 HP series. With this new csx today now have fourteen of them.....all Katos. I have found Kato N scale engines to be the best and most trouble free. But even kato's aren't perfect. I have a previously owned one that the...
  12. railfan

You have a nice looking fleet yourself!
  13. railfan

Hello BigE, the engine sounds would be nice! I may get DCC some day......just using good old DC for now.
  14. railfan

Ohh wait! ha ha! Here is mine! :cool: :rolleyes:
  15. railfan

C44-9w Greetings coffee fans! I just acquired my fourth Kato N scale C44-9W! But this is my first C44-9W that is a CSX.....Whoa! :o I'm a bit stunned by how real it looks for N scale. :confused: :eek: Well darn it!!! I started looking real close at the trucks on this thing. These are...

Back