Recent content by PRR Modeler

1. PRR Modeler

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Afternoon All, Started out the day in the high 60's. Tomorrow thru Sat. is supposed to be in the 90's range. After animal chores I headed to the work bench and finished cleaning tower edges, removed all the "glass", and did some touch up on the window frames. I also soldered the overhead lamp...
  2. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day with a walk at 62 F and clear. Today I cleaned the joint seams on the tower. In most cases they weren't as bad as I thought, although in some areas I had to gently use a file. After that I chauffeured MOH to ALDI. Saturday I'll be by the LHS and get new glue...
  3. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day with chores including laundry. I had a cavity filled at noon which means I'm finally done with this treatment cycle :D...until next time.:( Not so good news on the model front. Sunday I was gluing the tower walls together and discovered the windows and the...
  4. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day with a walk at 54F and currently 81F. After breakfast I did a couple of chores then headed to the train room After gluing the walls together, I discovered that the upper edges don't fit flush and for some reason the canopy glue (windows), Testor's glue, or...
  5. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, I spent the morning at my buddy's Tom's house and after getting home I did some chores. Nothing else planned for the day. Moh comes back tomorrow from Tampa. Karl- I agree, most of us resemble that remark. Patrick- Sounds like a fun trip. Bill- Nice photo. It resembles one of...
  6. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day with a walk at 64F and breezy. After animal chores MOH and I (mainly me) used bleach water to clean window frames (painted aluminum) of the mildew they accumulate. MOH made up the water, but she used so much bleach I ended up with a minor chemical burn on the...
  7. PRR Modeler

Foyle's War

That is a great series. I've watched all seasons twice. You might like "The Brokenwood Mysteries". A 10th season is coming out soon.
  8. PRR Modeler

Afternoon again, I forgot to mention today is the US Navy Submarine Service's 124th birthday. The sub forces that are in port celebrate with formal events ( cocktail hours, speakers, toasts to those still on patrol, and a formal dinner) that always devolves into serious drunken shenanigans. I...
  9. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day with chores then headed to the train room where I did a lot of interior tower painting then built a 2-piece wood floor that will have all the detail parts on it (switch machine etc.). I think tomorrow I'll be ready to start assembling the brick wall portion of...
  10. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day with animal chores then ran a couple of errands. In the train room I did some brick wall dry fitting, repainted the black interior, drilled 2 holes for exterior lights and realized I need to paint the upper interior a light green. I also made the upper floor...
  11. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Most of the day has been spent at the VA and getting bird food (9:30-2:30). The doc was happy with the lab results but because of the allergic reaction I had to give another 6 tubes of blood for testing and what they called a clean mid-stream urine sample-sorry. :confused: I have...
  12. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day with a walk at 58F and clear. Went outside at the appropriate time and it was a bust. Didn't see anything of note. So much for the big event. Earlier I finally finished getting the pool summerized and did a bunch of inside chores keeping me busy for the...
  13. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day with chores and the stove was delivered around 1 pm. Now I'm just goofing off. We may go out to supper tonight, but not sure. Jazz- Beautiful dog. Karl- Sad news about your friend. Nothing brings a layout to life like signals. Grizzled- Great looking dogs...
  14. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day with a walk at 57F and clear. I had a HOA meeting this morning then after lunch I puttered around the train room for about an hour. Our stove went out last night (pretty old) so wife bought a new one (duplicate of current stove) which is supposed to be...
  15. PRR Modeler

Afternoon All, Started out the day doing animal chores and getting the pool ready for the extended season. I still need to use chlorine on the pool deck and vacuum the pool afterwards. I also got a haircut, dropped off books at the library and got 10 gallons of pool chlorine (4 jugs). Tomorrow...

Back