Recent content by pnova56

1. P

Old Signal and Locomotive Pictures in Northeast PA

I’m not sure. I know the line is currently used my Norfolk Southern.
  2. P

These pictures are in Hazelton in the Humboldt industrial park.
  3. P

Theses pictures were taken in the Valmont Industrial Park in Hazelton Pa. I was trying to go home but the train had other ideas. These were taken in January.
  4. P

I was working in Kingston Pa last week and came across this old signal. If you zoom in on the 3rd pic you can just make out the black diamond bridge.
  5. P

Athearn PA-1

See the link below. It goes over Athearn pa1s https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/athearn-pa-repair-help.36264/#post-585065
  6. P

Athearn PA-1

Check the motor mounts. It appears the mounts aren’t fully pushed into the frame.
  7. P

Front End Friday

Im a little late on posting this. I was working in Hazelton, Pa a few weeks ago and came across it.
  8. P

Seniority Roster! How long have you been a member here?

April, 2023. I’m coming up on a year. I must say I have learned a lot for the forums.
  9. P

Allentown Spring Thaw Train Meet

Today is the last day.
  10. P

Lots of HO stuff for sale. Locos, rolling stock, track, DCC system, tools, etc.

I may be interested in the 4-8-4 and or the c/o 2-6-6-6. Can you post a picture of them?
  11. P

LEDs install for dc locomotive

I need some help. I want to install led lights on some old dc locomotives (penn line 4-6-2, 2-8-2 and gg1). I have the leds and resistors. What I would like to have the leds at a constant brightness and stay on no matter of the train’s direction or speed, if possible. If this is possible does...
  12. P

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Yesterday my son and I went to a train show in Allentown Pa. We were able to find some good buys. We got a Penn Line GG1. The paint is rough but it runs. Eventually I will restore it. I have been looking for one in my price point for some time. I am very excited to start on this. But I have to...
  13. P

Ho, Brass Knapp (pre Bowser) 4-8-2 Mountain Restore Project

The original wheels measure .722” which I covert to 62”. The new wheels are.825”, 71”. The flanges on the original drivers are falling apart. I would have preferred to keep them but they are not salvageable. For economical reasons I am using the larger wheels.
  14. P

Ho, Brass Knapp (pre Bowser) 4-8-2 Mountain Restore Project

It’s been a while since I worked on this locomotive. I has a few hours today so I installed the can motor. To mount the motor I drilled a tapped a piece of brass flat stock to mont to the motor and frame. The alignment isn’t perfect but close enough. The fly wheel and universal drive shaft is...
  15. P

Any Interest in rolling stock

The manufacturer does not really matter. Basically it just needs to be metal, Brass, steel, die cast, Etc. If you can send some pictures then possibly I can take some off your hands. thanks Patrick

Back