3. N

New to N Scale

Thankyou guys Ken
  4. N

New to N Scale

Thanks I'll check em out
  5. N

New to N Scale

Hi Carey, I must have trains in the blood like the rest of us here!
  6. N

New to N Scale

interesting you say $50, auction has been relisted at $50 no reserve. Thanks, Ken
  7. N

New to N Scale

hi Guys This is an old set but unused, are they any good as a starter set? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=599818786 Ken
  8. N

Snow Plow Kiwi style

All is well Thanks Crandell. I lurk in the shadows, still doing the midnight moderator shift on this side of the street.:D Ken
  9. N

Snow Plow Kiwi style

We've just had a small snow fall, KiwiRail guys out clearing the tracks. Ken http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-Train-plows-through-wall-of-snow-in-Arthurs-Pass/tabid/309/articleID/257025/Default.aspx
  10. N

Ferromex ES44AC

I think the OP could do that, click edit then advanced allows you to change a title. Ken, part time Mod
  11. N

Coffee Shop XXVII

Happy to here you guys are all ok, seems to be lots of natural disasters lately, what's mother nature up to? Ken
  12. N

Coffee Shop XXVII

Thats great to hear, I rang yesterday, but no reply. Hope all is well with everyone else. Ken
  13. N

Buchmann DDC operation

Yes you need to put a decoder in the loco. Do not leave the loco as is on the track with DCC power applied, the motor will make a singing sound and could burn out. Ken
  14. N

Coffee Shop XXVII

Evening all!! Not sure if you've seen the news, we had a 6.3 mag earthquake last Tuesday, only around 1km deep and a few kms from the CBD, looks like around 1/3 of the buildings will have be demo'd. My family and home are all good, the east side of town was hardest hit. So just thought...
  15. N

Peco medium turnouts

I've used insulfrog Peco's, depending on the loco, they can short across the two tracks. I found I had to file a small gap between the rails. It's been awhile since I had them tho, so I'm alittle foggy. Very smooth otherwise, I loved the positive switch action. Ken.

Back