Recent content by NP2626

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

I don't have a cell phone, either. I don't want to be at the beck and call of people calling me on the phone, especially now when it has been opened up to sales calls; or, marketing!
  2. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

Chet, is the Geep in the following photo a Butte Anaconda and Pacific locomotive? If not, who is the line? I don't think it is the BAP's, as I thought they remained electric throughout their lifetime. The name on the side of the loco is unreadable, at least for me.
  3. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

Everything is fine. During the summer, we have a trailer at a campgrounds on Leech Lake about 33 miles away. I have internet access there; but, don't log in so I can't respond to what is being said. We've made a short trip home now and so am reading and responding to this forum while home...
  4. NP2626

Did You Ever Have an Open House to Show Off Your Layout?

Naw, and really don't feel much of a need.
  5. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

Thanks for the nice comments from everyone!
  6. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

This is Northern Pacific's Y-1 Consolidation Number 25 which is on desplay near the convention Center in Butte. Montanan (Chet) has a better photo showing the complete engine, above. Both he and I have Pacific Fast Mail Brass imports of Y-1 Consolidations. I could not get a good photo of the...
  7. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

Here is railroad related stuff I took photos of: Here is a little Narrow Gauge 0-4-0 saddle tank locomotive I found at the World Museum of Mining. I didn't measure the gauge and she needs some TLC. Here is a stamp mill that would have been used to pound ore int smaller pieces. Having...
  8. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

Yes he did! Sirfoldalot, please know that I am the Curmudgeon from Minnesota, not the Curmudgeon from Michigan. I realize Beady and I live in the Fly Over states that no body cares about, except us, so this will not matter to anyone else. However, keep your Curmudgeons straight! To inform...
  9. NP2626

SS ltd Dinky Creek bridge.

I guess the photos did not show up when I first looked at this thread, now I see what everyone was so impressed with and have to say, I am impressed also! Great job, can we see it when you put it in position, too?
  10. NP2626

Would a caboose help prevent some of these accidents?

Via a whistle operable from the caboose.
  11. NP2626

SS ltd Dinky Creek bridge.

How do I get to see the photos?
  12. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

Sherrel, who is BEADY?
  13. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

Chet, cool! I really thought about contacting you about stopping by; however, what I thought we'd be doing and what we did ended up being two different things
  14. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

Here is a photo of the N.P. tracks at Homestake Pass. More photos to come later.
  15. NP2626

Trip to Butte Montana!

My layout is loosely based on Northern Pacific's Butte Shortline. This is a route used by the NP for passenger traffic that broke form the mainline at Logan Montana, went over Homestake Pass, through Butte Montana and reconnected with the mainline at Garrison Montana. One of the current...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com