Recent content by NP2626

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. NP2626

What Online Hobby Retailers do you do business with?

I also believe that I am not as set on getting all my purchases the day before they are purchased! I understand that some companies are faster at getting their customers items shipped, than others. What I consider a reasonable amount of time others may consider unreasonable. I started this...
  2. NP2626

What Online Hobby Retailers do you do business with?

There has been a management change at M.B. Klein/ModelTrainStuff? As far as the company having mostly 0 scale in stock, I see they are showing a grand total of 36,643 for all scales, with HO having 17,645, N having 9,455 and 0 having 3,579. I do find the website more difficult to navigate as I...
  3. NP2626

My Northern Pacific Butte Montana Layout.

Chet, in your photos just above, are the switchbacks on the Bear Tooth Highway? I have been through Sunlight Basin on the Chief Joseph Highway, where the Bear Tooth Highway connects up, a couple times. Once by Index Peak that you show in your photos and through Cook City, then through...
  4. NP2626

Chet, Was the gate on the N.E. Yellowstone entrance road and is it still there?
  5. NP2626

Here is a 26 minute Video I found on the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge:
  6. NP2626

Chet, glad you decided to join the Livingston Club! I can imagine in a club it's difficult to get everyone on board. However with Livingston being a major Northern Pacific town, I wonder why the layout isn't strictly N.P. Or, did the Milwaukee have a great influence, also. Is possible that...
  7. NP2626

I have several locomotives that I am installing TCS Sound decoders in and one Proto 2000 SW1200 N.P. switcher that I'm installing a basic DCC decoder in. I brought the SW1200 over to the lake to do the decoder install; but, never got into the install, as I became involved in problems with my...
  8. NP2626

post your model RR tips........

I wasn't talking about an application of Acrylic paint thinned with water to thin veneer, yes, I would be concerned about warping, too. In fact, I was talking about weathering plastic freight cars as in your post #170. It looks like there are many ways to skin this cat!
  9. NP2626

John Allen's G&D Railroad

Per Iron Horsemen: "So that's why Central Valley does so much NP stuff"! Jack Parker modeled Logan Montana, where the Northern Pacific main split in two at Logan Junction, Passenger trains going over Homestack Pass into Butte and the freight line going through Helena Montana and joining the...
  10. NP2626

55n3 Reboot - Proof of Concept

Understand now. I was thinking .25 equals a foot in O scale. 48 is more better! Thanks for the clarification. Not being a Proto modeler I simply don't think in those terms, although the reality is they do work.
  11. NP2626

55n3 Reboot - Proof of Concept

Harold, having a hard time understanding the 55 in your scale, where did the 55 come from? Would 87n3 be another way to describe HOn3, 25n3 work for O-3? Although I model in HO standard gauge I am also fascinated with Narrow Gauge and at one time looked into tearing out my current layout and...
  12. NP2626

post your model RR tips........

Toot, I have achieved the same results using black acrylic paint thinned down with water. I thin to a consistency that is mostly water in a acrylic paint bottle and add 10-20 drops of black paint. The only thing better about my way is I might be using products already on-hand to make it with...
  13. NP2626

Bachman Climax....Again!

Round Tuits are my problem, also! I have 4 locos on the bench waiting for decoder installations. I have a Roundhouse 0-6-0 too, that I wouldn't mind putting back on the rails with a decoder along with a Roundhouse Shay that also needs a decoder.
  14. NP2626

Bachman Climax....Again!

I had a DCC Bachmann Climax. I loved the model. However, it developed problems similar to what your's has. I started out with a two truck and returned for the three truck, via warrentee protection. The tree truck developed the same problem, sent it back and it was replaced by the two truck...
  15. NP2626

Pin Vise Drill Bit Sizes and Sources

I found the small sized drill bits I needed for my Pin Vise at Ace Hardware. They where prominently displayed near the drill motors and other drill bits and not hard to find.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com