Recent content by NIMT

1. NIMT

Unresponsive Decoder

I would say a crossed wire or connection from power to motor. I have seen them act like this when either there is power getting to the motor, or a bad decoder.
  2. NIMT

Speed Matching an Intermountain ES44AC with a Kato

JMRI will also let you keep a roster of all your engines, for quick future adjustments. I think you will find that programming Soundtraxx decoders with JMRI is much easier. You will also be able to get the decoder sounding even better, Check out the EQ and reverb settings!;)
  3. NIMT

3 LED Signals

Here is one way of doing it.
  4. NIMT

Crane Idler/tender car

Looks great, Now just blacken/rust out the cables and you'll have nailed it!;)
  5. NIMT

Speed Matching an Intermountain ES44AC with a Kato

bigB, How are you trying to speed match them? Using what and setting what CV's?
  6. NIMT

Intermountain coupler boxes

It seams to happen on all the better equipment.;)
  7. NIMT

Speed Matching

You must use your slowest loco and use that as your base and work the others down to it's level.
  8. NIMT

Bachmann 2-6-6-2 DCC Decoder replacement

It's not that complicated. Power right rail, Power left rail, motor + and motor - , light +, light -. Start with applying power to each rail and tracing that back to the tender, also might have the same power wires connected to the tender wheels too. Second feed DC power to the remaining 4 wires...
  9. NIMT

slick cheap idea

Yes I have ventured outside my norm and ended up here too!:D
  10. NIMT

tender information

Iron Horseman, I was thinking the same thing, Engine #1666 = Lionel O
  11. NIMT

Decoder acting erratic

Waltr, you nailed it. PC to PR3 PR3 LocoNet to DCS200 Command station/booster DCS200 programming outs to programming track. And rail a and b to programming track Via DPDT switch. I use JMRI to Program and run/test a loco all in one quick operation. Saves from having to switch back and...
  12. NIMT

tender information

I need to ask one major question, what scale is this loco? That would make a huge difference in the answers!;)
  13. NIMT

Intermountain coupler boxes

Use a good cement like Plastruct Bondene, Ambroid Pro Weld or Tenax-7R.;)
  14. NIMT

Decoder acting erratic

Try hooking you programming track to the command station (Set the JMRI preferences to your command station) to and see if that clears it up for you, It did for me I was having hit or miss operations with it coming off of the programming treminals of the PR3. I have a PR3 connected to the DSC 200...
  15. NIMT

Drive Shaft for Mantua 2-6-6-2

If it has the dog bone style driveshaft it can happen when the truck is extended to far, I would say a rarity. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again, then I would be looking if something else is loose or broken.

Back