Recent content by Nightwing

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. N

Runaway Train

Well, my runaway train saga is ongoing. BMI said to reset the decoder and the controller. I did both and the loco seemed to be back in good order. After an hour or so of running over a couple of days, I sensed that slight change in sound indicating a slight speed up and subsequent slowdown...
  2. N

Runaway Train

Did you send it back to BLI? If so, how long before it was returned?
  3. N

Runaway Train

I have a BLI 282 PRR steam locomotive with Paragon 3 sound. I use a NCE Powercab controller. I have only owned the loco for a few months and all has been well. Recently, I noticed that sometimes the loco would bog down slightly, as evidenced by the chuff sound change. I thought it was maybe...
  4. N

Thoughts on smoke

As far as I can tell, Mega-Steam doesn't leave an oily film behind like Bachmann or baby oil.
  5. N

Thoughts on smoke

If you could see what Mega-Steam in a Seuthe smoke generator looks like, it will change your mind about wimpy smoke. Mine work so well that with two locomotives running and smoking, the train area of the basement got so smokey, I had to install a power ventilator with 6 inch ducting to vent the...
  6. N

Thoughts on smoke

I have amassed 9 steam locomotives from various brands and have converted non-smokers to smoke and updated smokers to a better smoke unit. I have tried different brands of smoke fluid. Bachmann fluids are OK but Seuthe fluid is much better and is edged out by Mega-Steam. I have also tried...
  7. N

HO Scale Autos and Trucks

Where did you score the Stud?
  8. N

HO Scale Autos and Trucks

From what I have read, Matchbox cars were never intended to be a particular scale. They were made to fit the matchbox they came in. I have a few Matchbox cars and putting them next to true HO scale vehicles, there is a world of difference.
  9. N

Converting Ho Layout To N Scale.

Apparently, it is protected because I can't copy it. I will keep trying different ways.
  10. N

It's Heartland Farms.
  11. N

I downloaded that free program and can't figure out how to begin a layout, let alone find any reference to Bachmann EZ Track.
  12. N

No room. This shot is the layout before 2 more trains, a few more structures and period correct cars and trucks.
  13. N

Thank you. That is most helpful.
  14. N

Yes, I want to copy it without any spurs. It is a good layout.
  15. N

Flex track isn't an option. I am using Bachmann EZ Track.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com