Recent content by NCRC5315

1. N

First print of the year

What do you have for a printer?
  2. N

pr3

You hook it up to a computer with JMRI, then to a programing track, and use it to program decoders. If you have a Digitrax system, it can be used as an interface between a computer, and the Digitrax command station. A PR4 is quite a bit better.
  3. N

Trying to find a sound replacement

My personal go to, is to install a Decoder Buddy, (nixtrainz.com) and a Loksound decoder, although any 21 pin decoder will work.
  4. N

Industrial locomotives....

The ADM sunflower plant west of Goodland KS, had a Plymouth switcher, I'll have to see if I can find a picture.
  5. N

Helix from Trackside Scenery

Your comment on the leaning Tower of Pisa; I now understand what is meant by needing to level the helix. Thank you. :)
  6. N

New DCC layout, command station opinion requested.

I have used WiThrottle with the LNWI, but can not tell you if it would work with ECoS and the L.net converter. I wish I new where my ESu Cab Control was, I would try it out. If you had a wireless router attached to your ECoS, wouldn't that allow for the use of WiThrottle? I know you can use the...
  7. N

Helix from Trackside Scenery

If I understand this correctly, the risers provided by tracksidescenery, are all the same height. What gets the rise, is the blocks of wood put underneath each riser on the first run, which I would need to figure out, is that correct?
  8. N

New DCC layout, command station opinion requested.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is about the Z21 app, doesn't appear to do and anything WiThrottle can't do, and it works with just about every system.
  9. N

Walthes Glacier Industrial Sands

Here is an article about Preferred Sands of Genoa, just outside of Genoa NE. Cow Catcher magazine did an article about this and the Nebraska Central as well, but right now I can't seem to find the article...
  10. N

Which DCC Manufacturer is your favorite?

I do wish Digitrax would add a Rail Com module for their system.
  11. N

Which DCC Manufacturer is your favorite?

I've had a Digitrax system for about 20 years, a few years ago, I decided to buy an ESu Command Control system. Two things I didn't like, making it a deal breaker for me. I found the throttle to be very forward heavy, always felt like it was going to fall out of my hand. The other was, I can...
  12. N

Cleaning metal out of files

Get one of these, you will be amazed how much better the file will work...
  13. N

Rail industries through the years

They are filled through the side doors.
  14. N

AC6000 locomotives in HO scale

A few years ago, I purchased a couple of BLI locomotves from a dealer on the eastern seaboard. I received the engines on a Saturday, but it wasn't until Sunday I had a chance to try them. As soon as I powered them up, they started generating smoke out of the exhaust. I sent a message through...
  15. N

Rail industries through the years

The TAMKO plant in Phillipsburg KS, still gets sawdust in via boxcar, they vacuum it out.

Back