Recent content by NCRC5315

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. N

Welder Simulation Circuit

How can I purchase one?
  2. N

Inflation?

Ok, I understand where you're coming from now.
  3. N

DC Scale Automatic Back-n-Forth (Trolley) Circuit

How do I find your listings on eBay?
  4. N

Inflation?

I'm 56, and have a $1,500 dollar cell phone. For the line of work that I'm in I would give up a lot of things before I gave up that cellphone.
  5. N

Digitrax Problems...no Track Power Indications on LocoNet Panel and Throttles do not Work

They must have been having an off day, as my experience with Digitrax support, has always been excellent.
  6. N

TCS Keep Alive Mother Board with loksound 21 pin installed

Someone on another forum, is saying that as long as the capacitor is allowed to drain before trying to run, it will work to program, with the ESu decoder, and the TCS motherboard.
  7. N

Can the TCS keep alive be removed for programming, then re-installed? Or buy a mother board with out the keep alive for programming, then when complete, put in the motherboard with the keep alive.
  8. N

You can plug in the ESu 21 pin decoder, into the TCS mother board, with the keep alive, and the keep alive will keep the ESu decoder "alive". The problem is going to be programming the ESu decoder, as the TCS keep alive circuit will interfere with the programming, as the capacitor will absorb...
  9. N

Switch indicator Leds to bright

My best guess, would be they are pulsing the lights to give the appearance of dimming, this would give a lot more control over the operation of the light, then just using a resistor.
  10. N

New HO Track from Lionel!

Where does one find this, or any HO stuff on their website?
  11. N

DC Electrical Interference

It will not, why do you ask?
  12. N

Traincontroller - a Series of 55 'How To' Videos

Cool, looking forward to watching the series, would like to implement this on my railroad for animation.
  13. N

What Size Resistor?

If you take a look at the devices in the links I posted, you will see that they will work on a voltage range of 5 to 90 volts, but will only allow 20mA through regardless of the voltage. A resistor is doing something similar, but the current output, will change based on the input voltage.
  14. N

What Size Resistor?

No, you can't beat the price of resistors, just throwing out another idea.
  15. N

What Size Resistor?

You might also want to try these: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/microchip-technology/CL2N3-G/CL2N3-G-ND/4902353 https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/microchip-technology/CL2N8-G/CL2N8-GCT-ND/4918707 With these, there is no reason to worry about, voltage, or determining resistor...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com