Recent content by munch

1. M

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

They all look beyond fantastic Jos! I'm finally doing it again, making good progress. Will post pics when I can. Time to start twisting wire again! :)
  2. M

Hi Jos. I just haven't been working on it lately. Just too many other things going on. I'm carving some rocks/scenery pieces, off the layout so I can get the detail in them. Couldn't do it if the pieces were in place. But I'm stuck with one section...the same part you made some drawings of...
  3. M

They look great Jos, as usual! :D
  4. M

Congratulations Jos!
  5. M

Turtle Field Layout

Jef, I know I saw a how-to/tutorial showing how you made your streetlights, but I cannot find it here. Was it on another site? Also...was wondering how you did your asphalt roads and concrete parking lot? Fantastic work. From the photos, you would think it's a much bigger layout. Thanks!
  6. M

Very nice! :D More impressive all the time, Jos!
  7. M

Bulk evergreen trees

bump chenille
  8. M

Love the new trees, Jos, especially the tall pine. Nice.
  9. M

How to CORRECTLY model water.

I used a couple pours of Envirotex for my base as well. Then I used the Artist's Acrylic gel mediium/gloss, and painted the ripples on top of the Envirotex. My preference is a very small brush. The "river/stream" is coming from the right...tumbling through a rapids, so I tried to mimic the...
  10. M

Here's another frame, Jos. The single end wire at the top got "crimped", almost detached, so I put some epoxy over it. Have to be careful, but I think I can finish the tree. This one is slightly smaller.
  11. M

Thanks, Jos! Yes, I did use the sawdust, just painting the glue/water mix over the main stem and where the branches join. Going to start work on a few more. Thanks again, man! :D When I make the next few, I'll take photos to show what I'm doing with the stem.
  12. M

What do you think Jos? My first two efforts.
  13. M

What do you use for WATER?

This is my "riverbed" before the Envirotex. I did the blue & sand color with an airbrush. It's a flat surface otherwise, except for a "soup" of hydrocal for the bottom.
  14. M

What do you use for WATER?

Envirotex Lite with ripples painted on afterwards with Artists Acrylic gel medium. (Sparkles added with Photoshop)
  15. M

Jos has shown earlier in this thread some of his methods. :)

Back