Recent content by montanan

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. montanan

Running Bear's Coffee Shop September 2018

Good morning. A chilly start to the day at 33 degrees, but the expected high is forecast to be in the mid 70's. Gall starts this evening. Curt - Glad that you SIL had no damage and got home safely. How is you traveling going? Much of a detour with the flooding? Garry - Nice photo,but I was...
  2. montanan

Good morning. 46 degrees to start off the day with a high possibly getting up to 60 this afternoon. Checking in quickly. My main computer had the hard drive take a dump yesterday. Getting items together to head over to the club this afternoon. We'll be three people short today so things...
  3. montanan

Good morning. 50 degrees and overcast. May not even get up onto the 60's. Bummer. Summer is over up here. Looking at the flooding in the Carolinas, it's going to take years for some people to recover from this. Really feel bad for those folks down there. Curt - Good luck on your travels to...
  4. montanan

My Northern Pacific Butte Montana Layout.

Here in Belgrade, MT, we have a Cenex store called Rocky Mountain Supply and they have quite a variety of goods. Not only is it a convenience store, they have an outstanding sandwich shop, sell clothing ( I like my western shirts and they have a nice selection) and also sell ranch supplies and...
  5. montanan

There is a Phillips 66 refinery in Billings, MT.
  6. montanan

We don't have many different gasoline brands up here. Currently, we have Exxon Mobile, Cenex, Conoco, Phillips 66 and Sinclair. Texaco bailed out around 1980 and I haven't see a Standard Oil station around lately. From what I understand, whe gas is refined, additives specific to a brand is added...
  7. montanan

There are a lot of switchbacks on either side of the summit. I think the most are northbound out of Cooke City. Once you get high up, the road is fairly straight until you start dropping down into Red Lodge. The last photo is you descend into Red Lodge. The 6th photo is look south showing the...
  8. montanan

What Online Hobby Retailers do you do business with?

I will have to agree with you on MB Klein. I haven't ordered anything from them since they updated their web site. I find it difficult to navigate along with so many items being out of stock. They used to be my first place to go but now I no longer look at them. Sad. Nice to see you back on...
  9. montanan

good morning. A chilly start to the day at 39 degrees with an expected high in the low 70's. Got almost all of the outdoor chores done to get ready for winter. One hydrant at the front of the house still has to be turned off and attaching the plow to the tractor is all that is left. Karl -...
  10. montanan

Enjoyed the video Mark. I actually have stock in the railroad. Back in the 60's when I was in the Navy, they were trying to raise money and I bought a few shares. I had totally forgotten about the stock until one day I got a letter wanting to know if I wanted my dividend or wanted to roll it...
  11. montanan

there are a lot of building like this around the state built out of river rock. It is quite common.
  12. montanan

There were three tracks going towards the town. These were for unloading goods to supply the town. Most everything came into the town by rail. Talking to people who were familiar with the service, one reefer came in with meat,another with beer and then there were box cars or baggage cars that...
  13. montanan

Good morning. 40 degrees with an expected high around 70. Terry - Glad to see that you were prepared for this storm. Been watching the news and the worst may not be over with all of the flood warnings. It's going to take years to get over this storm. Stay safe. Garry - Nice photos. Karl -...
  14. montanan

Everything I run is Northern Pacific. You are correct about the lack of NP equipment. That is why I am installing DCC into the old Stewart locomotive that I had originally no plans to do anything to with. There of course is a lot of BNSF bnd MRL power on the layout being that is what is normally...
  15. montanan

Hennepin Overland Railway Historical Society

Impressive photos again. Our club layout is also not railroad specific or era specific although it is loacated in the basement of the old Northern Pacific depot in Livingston, MT. There is a lot of BNSF and MRL equipment on the layout which is what is most commonly seen here. I have a lot of NP...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com