Recent content by montanan

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. montanan

Logan Valley

Thanks for the comments. Logan is at one end of the Logan Valley where it connects to the Northern Pacific. From Logan, the lone heads south. As you leave Logan, the tracks pass a salvage yard. For now I am calling it Sanford Salvage. Here is the switchback leading down to the salvage...
  2. montanan

Running Bear's November 2018 Coffee Shop

Good morning. A cup of black coffee with a sweet roll please. 20 degrees with an expected high in the mid to upper 40's. Got all of the domestic duties done yesterday. With the bowling tournament keeping us busy over the past weekend, laundry needed to get done, house cleaning and other things...
  3. montanan

Greg - I think that may be the same camera. The directions for mine were worst than Walthers directions if you can believe that.
  4. montanan

Logan Valley

Here is the town of Logan. I tried to use my SLR camera, but it was too large to fit into tight spaces so the depth of field is not good. Got so low angle shots. Some more photos will be added in further updates trying to replace photos that were lost.
  5. montanan

Logan Valley

I can't believe all the photos that were lost with the upgrade of the forum. Guess I'll have to add some more. Here are some photos in complete darkness with the Just Plug LED's.
  6. montanan

Johnny - I believe that the camera on Amazon is the same one I picked up. I didn't realize that when I bought it, it only recorded in 5 minute segments. It records in 1080 p which is a suprise. I had to download a FREE video editing program to splice the 5 minute segments into one 15 minute...
  7. montanan

Good morning. 10 degrees to start the day. Clear skies and we may get above freezing by the afternoon. We did get a couple of inches of snow over the weekend, nothing major. No need to plow. The bowling tournament went pretty good. I couldn't get it together in singles, but my friends wife and...
  8. montanan

Atlas blowout sale.

I did get an email about this. Too bad it's so far.
  9. montanan

Atlas blowout sale.

Oh darn. Wrong side of the country.
  10. montanan

Good afternoon. Started off ar 12 degrees and are now up into the 40's. Spent a lot of time running trains yesterday and after many years of construction, I can't be happier with the way operations worked out. Just as they were planned over 30 years ago. There is still one area where plywood...
  11. montanan

Good morning. Started off at 13 degrees but should get up into the mid 30's later today. Finally am seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. Got a couple of inches of snow over night also. Johnny - You're welcome. We tdo try to wear out the cold before we send it on. Sherrel - Hope...
  12. montanan

Good morning. 23 degrees with light snow and fog. Yuk. temps are predicted to drop into the low teens tonight. Winter is here I guess. A few inches of snow is in the forecast so I think I will move the tractor with the plow from the shed to the driveway. Louis - Nice photos of the Eagle. I...
  13. montanan

Good morning. 32 degrees with light snow. Johnny - really sorry to hear about your wife. Hope that they can come up with a good treatment plan. Prayers for her. Nice photos of your layout. Also liked the NYC video. I love the old railroad videos. Ray - That is one heck of a mess. Any idea of...
  14. montanan

The Livingston Model Railroad Club

It sure does. I have driven past it numerous times. Just west of the Yellowstone River across from US-89. The club did include this scene in the Gardiner part of the layout. You can see part of it above the caboose in this photo.
  15. montanan

The Livingston Model Railroad Club

Take a cab ride around the layout. Yours truly will appear briefly at times in the blue NAVY hat and T shirt.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com