Recent content by montanan

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. montanan

Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Johnny - Really happy that your wife has finally returned home. Enjoy.
  2. montanan

Shop on Amazon and help the forum at the same time.

We have a super Wal Mart in town, but I don't think I have been in there for at least 15 years. We also have a Target store in town, but ever since they would not allow the Salvation Army bell ringers in front of the store at Christmas, I have not gone in there either. Amazon has been our...
  3. montanan

Good morning. Started the day off at -11. We might get up into the low teens by this afternoon. The NASCAR race yesterday at Daytona was more like a demolition derby. The first big one damaged 19 cars and by the time they crossed the finish line, I don't think there were more than a handful of...
  4. montanan

Louis - Up here, we don't have thge variety of stores that larger cities have and Amazon is probably out first place to look. We have found what we want locally some times, but the Amazon price for the most part is lower. Amazon Prime also takes care of the shipping most of the time.
  5. montanan

Bob, I do shop frequently on Amazon for some model railroad supplies. What is the link???
  6. montanan

CSX RAILROAD BRIDGE BY DRONE!!

Nice video. Sure wish I could fly my drone that good. Gotta practice.
  7. montanan

Mini Toggle Switch Quality

I also have a number of mini DPDT switches. My son in law worked for an electronics outlet that unfortunately went out of business and I got a whole raft of the mini and full size DPDT switches alonf with tons of other electrical parts for nothing. You probably have just a bad switch. I haven't...
  8. montanan

We also enjoy Key West a lot. When we were living in the Miami area, we were at our place in Middle Torch Key just about every weekend. Only about 25 miles from key west, we got down there a lot. There is so much history down there and the place is like no other in the states. Back in the 70's...
  9. montanan

Good morning. 9 degrees to start off the day and it will probably also be the high for the day. Back to the deep freeze with lows for most of next week in the minus teens. We did get up into the mid 40's yesterday and I ran the plow around the driveway to clean up a few inches of snow that had...
  10. montanan

New Layout for LASM

Glad to see you back on the forum Dave. I know I have missed your posts and I'm sure others have also. That locomotive would be a perfect fit. Can't wait to see it painted.
  11. montanan

space to Support for scenery

My layout is all open grid also. I used Homabed as roadbed with a combination of hand laid and Shinohara code 70 track. I would suggest leaving at least a half inch from the road bed to the edge of the plywood. A little more won't hurt. Herer are a few photos to show how an area progressed.
  12. montanan

Revenue enhancement
  13. montanan

Joe - Thanks for the input. I wish I know more about the electrics running on the east coast. Grew up on the wrong side of the country. Here are a few more. Never got to see these beasts as they were used in the Cascades. I am familiar with the box cabs as I spent a lot of time...
  14. montanan

Good morning. 22 degrees and light snow. There sure was some great photos posted. I am a fan of electrics and here are some oldies I have found of the Pennsy. As old as Joe is, he is probably familiar with a lot of them. Curt - That building is really coming along nicely. A...
  15. montanan

Terry - Good pointon the side rods. I have seen a few photos of the damage that can happen. Would rather be the fireman.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com