Recent content by MitchyG

1. M

Book suggestions

I will soon begin construction on my ho layout and was woundering if there is a good book explaining the wiring of DCC and other general electrical systems. This is my first layout so it's new to me, and I want to do it right. Thanks
  2. M

ho layout plan/ construction

Nope.My minimun radius is 18". But you're right about the smaller engines.
  3. M

Like this? I will add a yard in the upper loop and maybe a second reverse loop.... I like this plan.
  4. M

Final plan idea. I will add a reverse loop on the main 4x9 section, but don't know how. Any Ideas or alternate layouts would be appreciated.
  5. M

switch power

If you were to install powered/remote turnouts on your layout, would they be on the same power feed as the trains? Probably a dumb question.
  6. M

Does anybody know if there were ever any mikados or somthing like that for pennsy? I would like to purchase a heavy steam freighter and that what I thought of...
  7. M

this my 4x8 plan.the large spiral isahelix thing around a mountain, and in the open space Iplan to put industrys and maybe loco facilities. later I will add a 4x4 section to form an "L". I know the corners are tight, but i don't have much rolling stock yet, (all I have is an F7) but I plan on...
  8. M

I was sort of optimistic on space, so I was thinking that I would have a 4x8 and later add on a freight yard or somthing. Only problems with an around the walls layout- i like continuos running, and I would have a hard time turning around. The walls are plain concrete (foundation) so it would...
  9. M

Also, does anyone know where I can get a heavyweight steam likle a 2-6-6-2 or a 2-6-6-6 or maybe somthing else along those lines. I would prefer if it could do 20-22" radius corners. thanks.
  10. M

New Model Railroader

OK. First, What kind of trains will you be running, and what is the rollingstock length? This has an affect on how sharp you can make your turns and turnouts. How much track do you have and what is your budget? Before you build a table, make sure it is big enough to handle a curve large enough...
  11. M

also, should I go DC or DCC for these layouts?
  12. M

First of all, I wouldn't actually buy the sets, but I might use the map to make one of my own, maybe with wider turns or some thing. I probably like the last one best, but I also like the others. What do you guys think?I like lats of scenery, but I also like spaghetti-ball industrial and urban...
  13. M

Well, I was looking at pre- designed layoutsjust to get me started and this what I found.$231 $232 $248 $410
  14. M

Score at the rc Airplane shop

I don't know much about trains, but that is deffinetly a good find. Congradulatoins!:)
  15. M

I will admit it is a bit complex, however that is VERY eventual. I kind of have to keep the lower left hand corner open to access the washing machine. (small house) If there is any way to make that modular, I would like that. You're right, too many tight curves. Let my do some redesigning...

Back