Recent content by Mister Bill

1. M

Rivarossi paint failure

Wow, I never thought of that.
  2. M

Rivarossi paint failure

Just curious. I have re-purchased. I had this Santa Fe observation car in storage a few years in a commercial cardboard storage box along with the rest of the set. I glanced through the box and noticed this paint failure. The factory paint just disintergrated down to the base, and it smeared...
  3. M

DCC steam engine stalls on S curve

Ken, no, I had space limitations and there is maybe one inch of straight until the unit enters the other half of the S. Ironically, I have double track, and the engine stalls on the 28" radius portion but passes through the same 24" radius S curve. Same Atlas flex track, unballasted. Also...
  4. M

Need ideas for a Rivarossi drive shaft

Great idea!
  5. M

DCC steam engine stalls on S curve

I have a Broadway Limited 4-6-2 that stalls in the same place every time on my layout when every other engine runs through the area just fine. My layout is a double dogbone with two identical S curves of code 100 flelxtrack. There are no joints where the engine fails. It just loses power and...
  6. M

Need ideas for a Rivarossi drive shaft

I acquired a Rivarossi 2-8-8-2 that had been upgraded with a can motor. The motor is mounted a little cockeyed, and a flexible drive shaft is needed. There is not enough room for those Delrin connections. The rubber hose that was in place has worn out. I have tried week eater fuel lines with a...
  7. M

Santa Fe Blue Goose

I love these vintage items. https://youtu.be/RfZCWDug-P4
  8. M

What is up with Ebay?

I sold a $200 transformer or E-bay. They buyer broke it, removed the rivets and cracked it open, ruined it, told E-bay that it was "not as advertised". I received the ruined transformer and had to pay shipping both ways.
  9. M

San Antonio and Aransas Pass

Sirfoldalot, We talked on the phone. Thanks for the connection. Bill
  10. M

Sirfoldalot, Is the car in the pic yours? Would you part with it? You know, the bottom has fallen out of the SAAP market, and I feel it is my duty to bail you out. Bill
  11. M

PM sent. Bill Emshoff 1318 Lytle Kerrville, Tx Kerrville was the end of the line.
  12. M

Are there any followers here?
  13. M

Drop a locomotive lately?

I made a similar post a year ago when I was packing up an engine that I was getting ready to sell, and the front truck barely caught on a thread of my night robe sleeve and it landed hard nose-first on the concrete floor. What a waste, but if it has not happened to you, it is only a matter of...

Back